Child pages
  • Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-07-08
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Leadership Council Teleconference

Date and Time

  • Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009
  • Time: 3pm PDT | 6pm EDT | 22:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Info:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

Attendees

  • Trent Adams (Chair)
  • Joni Brennan (staff)
  • Eve Maler (Secretary)
  • Bob Pinheiro
  • Dervla O'Reilly (staff)
  • Frank Villavicencio
  • Ken Salzberg
  • John Fraser
  • Colin Wallis
  • Conor Cahill
  • Brett McDowell (staff)
  • Britta Glade (staff)
  • Drummond Reed
  • Robin Wilton
  • Paul Madsen

Apologies

  • Iain Henderson
  • Matthew Gardiner

Agenda

  1. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. Please review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-07-01
  2. WG / DG Updates:
    1.  
    2. Progress Update: Consumer Identity WG
      1. Provisioning Update [Joni]
    3. Progress Update: ID-WSF Evolution WG
      1. Call for vote during meeting.
    4. WG for Approval: Identity Assurance Work Group (IAWG)
      1. Any additional comments for discussion.
      2. Set date for vote [Trent]
    5. New WG: Healthcare Identity Assurance Work Group (HIAWG)
      1. Acceptance of Charter? [Eve]
      2. Discussion
      3. Set date for vote [Trent]
    6. Placeholder for other WG / DG items
  3. Board of Trustees Update [Colin, Conor]
  4. Event Task Force Update [Dervla]
  5. Email Policy Review:
    1. Review: Wiki Page
    2. Call for approval.
  6. AOB

Minutes

  1. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. Please review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-07-01
      • Minutes approved by unanimous consent.
  2. WG / DG Updates:
    1.  
    2. Progress Update: Consumer Identity WG
      1. Provisioning Update [Joni]
        • Provisioning is complete. Waiting for guidance on telecon call scheduling.
        • Some confusion, with which Joni will help, on disconnect between joining a group and subscribing to a list and on the WAYF process.
    3. Progress Update: ID-WSF Evolution WG
      1. Call for vote during meeting.
        • A motion was made and seconded to approve this group. A roll-call vote was requested and the motion passed.
        • AI: Joni to ensure that the Secretary has available a roster of valid voting LC reps for future calls.
    4. WG for Approval: Identity Assurance Work Group (IAWG)
      1. Any additional comments for discussion.
      2. Set date for vote [Trent]
        • Couldn't find the repeated sentence that was reported last time; will hunt it down.
        • Discussion ensued about the nature of the assurance topics to be covered and their relationship to the service assessment criteria; NIST 800-63 etc. are intentionally not mentioned.
        • We'll schedule a vote soon after a final editorial pass.
        • Kantara has a standard funding process that can be leveraged for funding requests in this area; there is interest in doing this.
        • The vote isn't scheduled quite yet.
    5. New WG: Healthcare Identity Assurance Work Group (HIAWG)
      1. Acceptance of Charter? [Eve]
      2. Discussion
      3. Set date for vote [Trent]
        • The proposed charter was submitted today; formal acceptance is pending a few revisions. In the interim, informal review and discussion took place on this call.
        • A third use case, for delegating access, was suggested alongside the two identified in the charter. This will be taken under advisement.
        • A comment arose about clarifying the proposed duration of the group; a "standing" group of "ongoing" duration was mentioned as a possibility.
        • Feedback was requested on how to effectively widen the community to influence the larger players in the healthcare IT space.
    6. Placeholder for other WG / DG items
      • None.
  3. Board of Trustees Update [Colin, Conor]
    • No updates because the last BoT meeting was postponed.
  4. Event Task Force Update [Dervla]
    • LC and BoT are scheduled to meet briefly on the Monday afternoon. Tuesday is filling up and Wednesday is partly full.
    • It appears to be too early for some groups to schedule a F2F.
    • The target is for July 15 to be more solidified.
    • It was noted that the forthcoming e-gov group may want to meet, assuming its Kantara charter is accepted by then.
  5. Email Policy Review:
    1. Review: Wiki Page
    2. Call for approval.
      • A concern was raised about the word "moderate"; it may wrongly imply that postings are actively being filtered (in the sense of "blog comment moderating"), even though the definition clarifies that this won't be done.
      • There is an instance of the word "Contributor" in Section 4 that should be changed to "Participant".
      • Vote to take place next week after a last round of email discussion.
  6. AOB
    • A discussion about the budgeting process will take place at the next meeting.

Teleconference Recording

  • NOTE: Teleconferences will not be recorded until a recording policy is in place.

Next Meeting

  • Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2009
  • Time: 8am PDT | 11am EDT | 15:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Info:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

  • No labels