Child pages
  • Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-07-01
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Leadership Council Teleconference

Date and Time

  • Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009
  • Time: 8am PDT | 11am EDT | 15:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Info:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

Attendees

  • Trent Adams (Chair)
  • Bob Pinheiro
  • Joni Brennan (staff)
  • Dervla O'Reilly (staff)
  • Ken Salzberg
  • Conor Cahill
  • Philippe Clement
  • Colin Wallis
  • Kenji Takahashi
  • Brett McDowell (staff)
  • Britta Glade (staff)
  • Eve Maler (Secretary)
  • Drummond Reed
  • Myisha Frazier-Mcelveen

Apologies

  • Paul Madsen (Vice-Chair)
  • Iain Henderson

Agenda

  1. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. Please review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-06-24
  2. WG / DG Updates:
    1. Progress Update: Privacy and Public Policy Work Group (P3WG)
      1. Charter approved on Friday, June 26
      2. Provisioning Update [Joni]
    2. Progress Update: Consumer Identity WG
      1. Call for votes during this meeting
    3. Progress Update: ID-WSF Evolution WG
      1. Vote set for July 8, 2009 meeting.
    4. New Charter: Identity Assurance Work Group (IAWG)
      1. Raise high-level issues for further discussion
      2. Set date for vote
    5. Placeholder for other WG / DG items
  3. Board of Trustees Update [Colin, Conor]
  4. Event Task Force Update [Dervla]
    1. September 14 - 16 Collocated with DIDW
    2. Possible Public Session on Tuesday morning? (Conflicts with DIDW Opening)
    3. Monday, September 14: BoT & LC Meetings
    4. Tuesday, September 15: WG / DG + Open Space
    5. Wedensday, September 16: WG / DG + Open Space
    6. Anyone interested in presenting at DIDW?
  5. Email Policy Review:
    1. First Draft: Email Post & DOC [Ken]
    2. Second Draft (plus comments): Email Post & DOC [Ken, Trent]
    3. Third Draft: Wiki Page[Trent]
    4. Fourth Draft: Email Post & DOC / PDF [Roger Martin]
  6. AOB

Minutes

  1. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. Please review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-06-24
      • Approved by unanimous consent.
  2. WG / DG Updates:
    1. Progress Update: Privacy and Public Policy Work Group (P3WG)
      1. Charter approved on Friday, June 26
      2. Provisioning Update [Joni]
        • Provisioning is complete.
    2. Progress Update: Consumer Identity WG
      1. Call for votes during this meeting
        • Charter was revised, after several weeks' discussion, to change the IPR option to CC.
        • Motion to approve the charter made and seconded; approved by unanimous consent.
        • Congratulations to Bob et al.!
        • Joni will do provisioning by COB ET Thursday; please don't make announcements until provisioning is complete.
    3. Progress Update: ID-WSF Evolution WG
      1. Vote set for July 8, 2009 meeting.
        • Please review for next week.
    4. New Charter: Identity Assurance Work Group (IAWG)
      1. Raise high-level issues for further discussion
      2. Set date for vote
        • Accepted for review on 30 Jun 2009.
        • It was observed that Option Liberty was chosen though the group doesn't intend to produce technical specs, and it was speculated to choose that option for smooth transition from ongoing Liberty work. Myisha will discuss with other co-proposers.
        • It was noted that a proposed chairperson was not identified, though Frank is identified as the WG formation liaison; it was suggested that Frank (or whoever) be identified as a "convener", at least.
        • A comment was made that some sentences are redundant and a copyedit should be done to remove the duplications.
        • A future process consideration: the LC will request identification of a convener or chair at a minimum.
        • AI: Trent to coordinate with Frank to schedule a vote.
    5. Placeholder for other WG / DG items - No pressing issues reported.
  3. Board of Trustees Update [Colin, Conor]
    • No reports from the liaisons.
    • An issue was raised for potential BoT consideration about the naming of the IPR options. "Option Liberty" is not descriptive of its substance (essentially, reciprocal RANDZ with RAND fallback) and in addition may cause misgivings in Kantara participants without a Liberty history.
    • It was noted, separately, that having a non-assert option of some flavor would be useful for some Kantara work – but some think that the Liberty option is a non-assert.
    • AI: Conor to raise the various IPR issues with the BoT.
    • AI: Ken to work with Brett schedule a dedicated LC call, with Kantara counsel (Keith) present, to IPR discuss issues.
  4. Event Task Force Update [Dervla]
    1. September 14 - 16 Collocated with DIDW
    2. Possible Public Session on Tuesday morning? (Conflicts with DIDW Opening)
    3. Monday, September 14: BoT & LC Meetings
    4. Tuesday, September 15: WG / DG + Open Space
    5. Wedensday, September 16: WG / DG + Open Space
    6. Anyone interested in presenting at DIDW?
      • The plan is for the LC and BoT to meet on Monday; on Tuesday and Wednesday, some WGs and DGs will take advantage of the opportunity to meet. There is some overlap with the DIDW schedule.
      • There is interest in possibly submitting Kantara-specific talks for later in the week.
      • Currently the LC and BoT meetings overlap, which presents a problem for Colin, Conor, and Ken. The event might want to include a joint meeting.
      • It's likely that the LC and BoT will have some serious budgeting work to do by September for 2010.
      • AI: Eve to pursue inquiries on whether Concordia wants to meet at DIDW.
      • Possible problem if no critical mass at DIDW
      • Suggest that the Chair decides to call for a meeting to determine whether a "quorum" will be there for their WG/DG
      • AI: Dervla will tap each Chair directly to work through issues.
      • Disussed possible public workshop, similar to at RSA, costing $40k (contributed by participants)
  5. Email Policy Review:
    1. First Draft: Email Post & DOC [Joni]
    2. Second Draft (plus comments): Email Post & DOC [Ken, Trent]
    3. Third Draft: Wiki Page[Trent]
    4. Fourth Draft: Email Post & DOC / PDF [Roger Martin]
      1. Roger M. provided an updated version sent via email during the meeting
      2. Additional work to be done, but nearing completion.
      3. Solicitation for LC members to read the policy for consensus approval on next call.
  6. No other business.

Teleconference Recording

  • NOTE: Teleconferences will not be recorded until a recording policy is in place.

Next Meeting

  • Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009
  • Time: 3pm PDT | 6pm EDT | 22:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Info:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

  • No labels