Child pages
  • LC telecon Notes 2012-07-11
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Call not at quorum

LC telecon 2012-07-11

Date and Time

  • Date: Wednesday, 11 July 2012
  • Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | 20:00 UTC (time chart)
  • Call-in toll-free number: 1-866-203-0920
  • Call-in number: 1-206-445-0056
    • Conference Code: 5423695925#
  • International Dial-In Numbers

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve LC telecon DRAFT Minutes 2012-06-2012
  3. Administration:
    1. Executive Director report
    2. Action Item Review
    3. Quarterly Reports
  4. Discussion
    1. Identity & Attribute combined group coordination (P3WG, HIAWG, IAWG, AMDG)
    2. KI position paper: NSTIC Steering Group Formation v0.2
  5. WG Updates
  6. BoT Liaison Representative Update
  7. AOB
  8. Adjourn

Attendees

  • Tom Smedinghoff, P3WG
  • Colin Soutar, Vice-chair, P3WG
  • Bob Pinheiro, Consumer ID WG
  • Pete Palmer, Chair, HIAWG
  • Myisha Frazier-McElveen, IAWG
  • Colin Wallis, eGov WG

Quorum is 6 of 11 as of 06 June 2012.

Staff:

  •  Joni Brennan

Secretary:

  •  Heather Flanagan

Non-voting:

  • Heather Flanagan

Apologies:

  • Eve Maler

Minutes & Notes

Administration: Approve 20 June 2012 LC Minutes

Call not at quorum

Administration: Executive Director report

  • The KI put out a press release this week announcing the accreditation of Europoint, the first accredited assessor based in Europe
  • The ARB seeing increased adoption, and currently working through a review of a service from Experian (an identity proofing service); working through another accreditation application for Zigma, and potentially 4-5 more in queue preparing their applications which will keep the ARB for the next 6 months
  • The IRB is taking up a trail on revisions to the Identity Assurance Framework, which would address an pseudononymous approach; also will be doing a review of assessment criteria
  • The BoT is going to have a meeting next week in Vail, CO on July 17; a separate ad hoc meeting planned for July 20, which will be a community session
  • Announcement for registration for joint meeting of P3WG, IAWG, HIAWG, and AMDG, Aug 6-8 - note that space is limited, so please register soon

Administration: Action Item Review

Action

Assigned To

Status

Description

Comments

20120425-02

Heather Flanagan

In Progress

collect and coordinate input on changes to make to the operating agreement

Discussion on list, discussed on previous call; text still in progress

20120425-03

Joni Brennan

Open

Provide cohesive statement to LC regarding Kantara Mission for subsequent dissemination and discussion with WG

 

20120509-01

all LC

Complete

Review the AMDG Final Report (sent to LC list 08-May) in prep for vote on 23-May

No vote required. Closing item
20120530-02Pete PalmerCompleteOne page position paper identifying the position on the identity assurance framework and assessor program should be put on equal footing for RFI for health and human servicesRFI submitted; this will be an ongoing asset to help inform all future conversations in this space
20120530-04Patrick Curry, Colin Wallis, Joni Brennan, Ken DaggIn ProgressCome up with first pass of industry classification and Venn diagramDraft out to list for discussion; no feedback received; maybe amend this in to a slide that is sector specific; put on agenda for Aug 6 leadership talk

New Action Items

Action

Assigned To

Status

Description

Comments

20120711-01Heather Send out a doodle poll to the LC for 2 meetings regarding NSTIC strategyfirst call to discuss what it means to have KI participate
20120711-02Heather, Joni Review OP regarding dissolution of a working group and come back with a recommendation for Consumer ID 

 

Administration: Quarterly Reports

  • Q2 reports due: 31 July, 2012

  • Currently only ones overdue are: Information Sharing WG and Open Source Support WG
    • Open Source is lightly active; could use a minor ping
    • Information Sharing is very active, but were focused on kickstarter campaign; could use a minor ping

Discussion:

IAWG, HIAWG, P3WG, AMDG coordination

  • August 6 (Leadership closed session), 7-8 (open to group participants) Face to Face planning - DRAFT agenda
  • would be useful to have a dedicated page on the wiki with relevant documents to inform the session
  • on next LC call, talk about how the LC should coordinate work efforts

KI position paper: NSTIC Steering Group Formation v0.2

Comment pulled from note to LC from Joni Brennan 10-July-2012

Kantara will need to understand who will attend to represent Kantara (I plan to at least) and which stakeholder group Kantara plans to identify with for the NSTIC Management Council formation.  One group must be chosen for the Management Council voting but beyond that Kantara can get involved in any activity. 

Questions to consider:

  • Which group should KI affiliate with of the possible stakeholder groups? That will/may be necessary to be considered for the NSTIC Management Council.
    • might be appropriate to aim for the At-Large position if they still exist rather than attempt to pigeonhole itself in to one group
  • What direction should KI be voting in?
  • If someone is going to nominate KI to be part of the management council, would it be appropriate for KI to accept?
  • KI will offer the KI ARB and IRB programs to fill the potential accreditation needs for NSTIC.  What else should we offer/ask?

It is highly unlikely that they will force any decisions to be made between now and their August meeting, which gives the LC some time to consider the questions above.

eGov could be in either RP, International Coordination, or Interoperability

Need to schedule two standalone meetings to discuss further, one before Aug 13, one after the Aug 13 meeting; HF to schedule

  • Aug 13 attendance: Tom, Colin S, Joni (Joni to represent KI)

WG Updates

  • P3WG - continuing to have a variety of guest presenters at the meeting to discuss a variety of topics, which has been helpful in stimulating discussion; in off-weeks continuing to work through issues on privacy assessment criteria doc with respect to FICAM
  • IAWG - very active time; coming to the end of the Kantara Assessment report review; discussing pseudonymous credential; looking at value proposition assoc with the IAF and leveraging the work of Kantara across different use cases and sectors; looking at a revision to align with 863-1; relying party considerations and guidelines is coming up for review in Q4
  • AMDG - working on draft charter to turn this in to a working group, should have a draft by Aug 7-8
  • Consumer ID WG - no activity to report; need to discuss if group should continue to exist; consider transitioning to become a Discussion Group or transition to become a discussion point within another working group; original idea was that this group would cover identity theft, which had been a topic of Liberty Alliance

BoT Liason Report

  • Had a meeting in which they awarded accreditation for Europoint; high level agenda items currently under discussion include financial reporting and long-term viability, certification program marketing, value propositions, review of governance and by-laws

AOB

  • Secretary transition in 2 weeks; HF is taking on the technical support role for Kantara and will need to transition the secretary role to a new elected person
  • No labels