|Connected Life Innovation Groups|
|ISIWG||2nd||Andrew Hughes (LC Chair)||Y|
Rainer Hoerbe (archived)
|eGovWG||2nd||Keith Uber (archived)||n/a|
|FIRE WG||1st||Jim Kragh||Y|
|FIRE WG||2nd||Mary Hodder|
|FIRE WG||3rd||Sal D'Agostino (LC Secretary)||Y|
|FIWG||2nd||Walter Forbes Hoehn|
NOTE: As of March 2019 for calculation of quorum there are 7 Work Groups.
Agenda and Meeting Notes
- Agenda for this month's Leadership Council call:
- Organization updates
- Upcoming conferences and speaking proposals - and why you should present about Kantara work!
- Updates to LC Blog (ping!) https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=LC
LC vote to send updated SAC for 800-63-3 A/B/C to All member ballot
Discuss John Wunderlich's DG draft charter for new mDL privacy report
Shifting sands in the Digital IDentity consortia and national government arenas
Draft minutes for approval:
2018-12-19 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-11-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-10-17 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-09-19 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-08-15 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-04-25 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-03-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-02-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-01-17 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-12-20 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-11-15 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-10-18 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-08-16 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-05-17 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-03-15 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-01-18 Meeting Notes DRAFT
"To approve listed meeting minutes"
|Executive Director and Staff Report|
Director's Corner: 2020: August
- Keeping up with Kantara: 'Keep up with the Kantarians' email blasts
- Engagements with other consortia
- Interesting developments on the membership front - new member announcements on the way soon
- GSA will be rejoining Kantara as a member, focus is on Login.gov into the assurance program
- Watch for announcements next week and amplify when you see it (Tuesday)
- CusTech event - ISI WG (Jim P), need 2-3 other WGs to participate
- Colin will be Opening Keynote at IDentity Week Asia in October - fireside chat with Australia DTA
|LC Chair Report|
The Kantara Initiative is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization and good practice.
- The Board of Directors are meeting monthly to discuss organization strategy, market access, and revenue potential.
- The vision, mission, objectives will be adjusted a bit but not a lot - soon!
- The new Directors are learning about the reach and impact of Kantara in the digital identity industry
- Discussions about how to find and focus on new client/customer groups
- An email came from an ISI WG participant, expressing concerns about the WG work and leadership of the WG and LC. Colin and the LC Leadership team are working through the concerns and working towards responses and resolution.
|Proposals for new groups|
- John Wunderlich - has circulated to the LC List a draft DG Charter proposal with the intent of creating a report on: "Protecting Privacy and Identity in mobile Driver License Ecosystems"
- This originates from discussions with the STA (Secure Technology Alliance) about how to support the ISO 18013-5 mDL App that is heading towards publication as an International Standard
- The ISO 18013-5 document envisions Issuing Authority, mDL Holder and mDL Verifier as actors. There is a 'privacy and security' annex that outlines the measures taken in the spec and provides guidance on how to ensure that the Holder's privacy is respected/maintained. In the ISO WG there is high awareness of data protection and anti-observeability and anti-correlation - it's an interesting discussion.
- Please review it and send questions back to the LC list
- We'll see an electronic ballot to approve/reject the DG creation proposal within a week
|WG/DG Updates||20 minutes|
Administrative Reminders/Requests: Please ensure your WG and DG charters are reasonably current. These are supposed to be reviewed annually.
HIA WG -
UMA WG - Working on the Policy Manager Extension - standardizes interfaces/interactions on the RO side of the protocol - a significant development coming from a vendor-implementer (Alec Laws of IDENTOS) of UMA. IDENTOS has deployed, in effect, APIs from the AS and RS towards a client that privacy-protects what those servers know about the RO by pseudonymizing the interaction between Alice and any number of AS's that she has in her domain. Alice has a directed pseudonymized identifier towards each AS.
More vendors coming into the fold too. Has potential connections to the Verifiable Credentials world. The DIF Secure Data Storage WG wants to hear about UMA.
FIRE WG -
ISI WG -
- eGov WG Shutdown approved and archived
FI WG -
IDPV DG -
|Launching New WG/DG's|
|New publication type||0 minutes|
- Andrew proposes to define a new type of Kantara publication: the 'Best Current Practice' Recommendation. This would follow the same intent as with IETF BCP documents.
- Currently the publication type: 'Recommendation' has sub-types of 'Recommendation' and 'Technical Specification'. The 'Best Current Practice' would become a third sub-type.
"The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.
A BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF
community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the
best way to perform some operations or IETF process function."Ref: IETF BCP 9
|Action Items Review|
Please take a moment to review the list of action items and do your best to take action.
|Policies & Procedures update|
Operating Procedures have been updated to match the current version of Bylaws. Some streamlining and addition of document publication procedures is being done as well.
New boilerplate templates for email ballots are here.
|Tips and Tricks|
|2020 Project Funding|
|Document repo/Publications Library|
List of future events on KantaraInitiative.org