Child pages
  • 2020-04-15 Meeting notes DRAFT
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

2020-04-15

Representation




NameAttended
Connected Life Innovation Groups
UMAWG1stEve MalerYes
UMAWG2ndMaciej Machulak
ISIWG1stJim PasqualeYes
ISIWG2ndAndrew Hughes (LC Chair)Yes
ISIWG2nd

John Wunderlich

Yes

CMSWG1stJim Pasquale (LC Vice Chair)
CMSWG2ndMarco Venuti
CISWG
(Archived)



Trust Services Interoperability Groups
IAWG1stKen Daggregrets
IAWG2ndMartin Smith
HIAWG1stTom Sullivan
eGovWG1st

Rainer Hoerbe


eGovWG2ndKeith Uber
FIRE WG1stJim Kragh
FIRE WG2ndMary Hodder
FIRE WG3rdSal D'Agostino (LC Secretary)Yes
FIWG1st

Keith Wessel 


FIWG2ndWalter Forbes Hoehn
OTTOWG
(Dormant)
1stMichael Schwartzn/a
OTTOWG
(Dormant)
2ndJanusz Ulanowskin/a
IDPVDG1stAndrew HughesYes
Staff
Kantara-Colin WallisYes

-

Guests:

NOTE: As of March 2019 for calculation of quorum there are 7 Work Groups.



Agenda and Meeting Notes

TopicDesired Outcome
Meeting Administration
Roll CallAbove
Agenda Confirmation
  • Agenda for this month's Leadership Council call:
    • Organization updates
      • Director's Corner
      • Keeping up with the Kantarians
    • Proposal to archive CMS WG and fold assets into ISI WG
      • Sufficient votes for LC to take action - MOTION
    • HIAWG Report on Design Goals approval ballot
    • SAML Implementation profile
      • Waiting for permanent URL information from WG before publication at Kantara
      • With staff for publication
    • UMA WG working towards interoperability testing
    • mDL WG (proposed) discussion
    • Women in Identity project proposal and sponsorship
  • Upcoming conferences and speaking proposals - and why you should present about Kantara work!
    • IIW - Event will be virtual
    • EIC - Event will be virtual
    • ID North - No information
    • Identiverse - Event will be virtual event
  • AOB
Minutes confirmation

Draft minutes for approval:

2018-12-19 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-11-21 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-10-17 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-09-19 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-08-15 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-04-25 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-03-21 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-02-21 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-01-17 Meeting notes DRAFT

2017-12-20 Meeting notes DRAFT

2017-11-15 Meeting notes DRAFT

2017-10-18 Meeting notes DRAFT

2017-08-16 Meeting Notes DRAFT

2017-05-17 Meeting Notes DRAFT

2017-03-15 Meeting Notes DRAFT

2017-01-18 Meeting Notes DRAFT

"To approve listed meeting minutes"

Motion by:

Second:

Discussion:

Result:

Organizational Updates
Executive Director and Staff Report

Director's Corner: 2020: February, 2020: January, 2019: December, 2019: November

LC Chair Report

The Kantara Initiative is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization and good practice.

  • The ISO ballot to start a new standards project for ISO 27560 "Privacy technologies – Consent record information structure" is open for a few more weeks.
New Business
Proposals for new groups
  • Women in Identity will be proposing a new WG for a Code of Conduct on Diversity - hope to have draft charter ready for March LC call
  • Mobile Driver's License WG proposal is seeking interested contributors - preferably organization working in the DL domain
AOB
  • SAML 2.0 Interoperability Deployment - All Member Ballot PASSED
  • At-large board seats open for nomination
WG/DG Updates

Administrative Reminders/Requests: Please ensure your WG and DG charters are reasonably current. These are supposed to be reviewed annually.

HIA WG - Draft report circulated for LC ballot

UMA WG  - .

FIRE WG -<<look for circulation drafts>>

IA WG -

ISI WG -

Consent Solutions WG -

eGov WG -

FI WG -

IDPV DG -

Launching New WG/DG's
New publication type
  • Andrew proposes to define a new type of Kantara publication: the 'Best Current Practice' Recommendation. This would follow the same intent as with IETF BCP documents. 
  • Currently the publication type: 'Recommendation' has sub-types of 'Recommendation' and 'Technical Specification'. The 'Best Current Practice' would become a third sub-type.
    "The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.  
    A BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF 
    community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the 
    best way to perform some operations or IETF process function."
    Ref: IETF BCP 9
Long-running Topics
Action Items Review

Please take a moment to review the list of action items and do your best to take action.

Policies & Procedures update

Operating Procedures have been updated to match the current version of Bylaws. Some streamlining and addition of document publication procedures is being done as well.

New boilerplate templates for email ballots are here.

Tips and Tricks
2020 Project Funding


Document repo/Publications Library



Kantara-presence Events

List of future events on KantaraInitiative.org

Plenary planning




Discussion

TopicDiscussion








Events with Kantara presence

https://kantarainitiative.org/events/

ConferenceLocationDatesCall for SpeakersComments






** Not listed on Kantara site yet

Action Items

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •