Child pages
  • 2019-02-20 Meeting notes DRAFT
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

2019-02-20

Representation




NameAttended
Connected Life Innovation Groups
IRMWG1stSalvatore D'Agostino (LC Secretary)

Yes

IRMWG2ndBill Nelson
UMAWG1stEve MalerYes
UMAWG2ndMaciej Machulak
CISWG1stJim Pasquale
CISWG2ndAndrew Hughes (LC Chair)Yes
CISWG2nd

John Wunderlich


CMSWG1stCorné van Rooij
CMSWG2ndJim Pasquale (LC Vice Chair)
IDoTDG
To be archived
BSCDG
To be archived
Trust Services Interoperability Groups
IAWG1stKen DaggYes
IAWG2ndScott ShorterYes
HIAWG1stNON-VOTING 2016-09-07
eGovWG1st

Rainer Hoerbe


eGovWG2ndKeith Uber
FIWG1st

John Bradley


FIWG2ndWalter Forbes Hoehn
OTTOWG1stMichael Schwartz
OTTOWG2ndJanusz Ulanowski
IDPVDG1stAndrew Hughes
Staff
Kantara-Colin WallisYes

-

NOTE: As of February 2018 for calculation of quorum there are 8 Work Groups.



Agenda and Meeting Notes

TopicDesired Outcome
Meeting Administration
Roll Call
Agenda Confirmation
  • Agenda for this month's Leadership Council call:
    • Organization updates
    • Proposed motions for WG/DG closure and archiving
    • HIAWG Charter Status update
    • New work proposals
      • DG on Semantic Entity Relationship Management - Thorsten Niebuhr
      • 'FIRE' WG proposal
  • Upcoming conferences and speaking proposals - and why you should present about Kantara work!
    • KnowID IDPro/Privacy - Colin, Sal
    • RSA -
    • EIC -
    • ID North -
    • Identiverse - Colin, Eve/Ashley UMA-IRM w demo, Andrew, Sal IRM lifecycle,
    • Sal - physical security conferences
  • AOB


Minutes confirmation


Draft minutes for approval:

2018-12-19 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-11-21 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-10-17 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-09-19 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-08-15 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-04-25 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-03-21 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-02-21 Meeting notes DRAFT

2018-01-17 Meeting notes DRAFT

2017-12-20 Meeting notes DRAFT

2017-11-15 Meeting notes DRAFT

2017-10-18 Meeting notes DRAFT

2017-08-16 Meeting Notes DRAFT

2017-05-17 Meeting Notes DRAFT

2017-03-15 Meeting Notes DRAFT

2017-01-18 Meeting Notes DRAFT

"To approve listed meeting minutes"

Motion by:

Second:

Discussion:

Result:


Organizational Updates
Executive Director and Staff Report

Director's Corner: 2018: December 2019: January

Keeping up with Kantara: 'Keep up with the Kantarians' email blasts

  • Consent Receipt - proposing it as an annex to 29184 at ISO

  • PC317 - PbD for IoT - Kantara seeking a liaison - might be a good conformity assessment candidate
  • Kantara needs a web site / confluence / wordpress / payments gateways contractor
LC Chair Report

The Kantara Initiative is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization and good practice.


New Business
Motions to archive concluded DG and inactive WG

After discussion with LC and chairs, the listed groups are now dormant and should be moved to inactive status.


Motion: "To instruct staff to move the listed discussion groups and work groups to archive and to decommission the related group assets like mailing lists and Wordpress pages"


Blockchain and smart contracts DG - report was published in 2017. No responses to calls to convert to a WG. 

Identities of Things DG - Ingo's corporate has redirected his focus, so he's not permitted to run this DG now. No other driving factors. 

Identity Relationship Management WG - stalled. We have been trying to get other projects from outside Kantara to pick this up, but no action yet. 

UMA Dev WG

More info required prior to action

Work with WG leads to update Charter:

## Healthcare ID Assurance WG - has been suspended due to lack of driver - but the Healthcare Committee from IDESG is starting to use HIAWG to do work. Update Charter and support.

More information required:

## OTTO WG - Last I heard from Mike about this is that the original motivations for the work have disappeared. Recommend to archive (Mike to inform LC).

Proposals for new groups

>> NEW Groups <<

  • Thorsten Niebuhr of Wedacon wants to propose a new group "DG on Semantic Entity Relationship Management" - draft charter to be circulated - needs to demonstrate community support for this
  • Federated Identity Resilient Ecosystem (FIRE) Work Group - draft charter was circulated for comment
2019 Tactial Planning

>> Plans for 2019 <<
Adoption and Messaging

  • Consent Receipts is getting good visibility and engagement, mainly because of the demo we created and have been showing off wherever we can.
  • UMA is getting informal interop testing done by implementers - this could turn into formalized full-matrix testing.
  • IAWG is seeking to get more schemes and more approved service providers.
  • More adoption of Kantara products & programs will be a core activity in 2019!
  • Also, the Board has started discussion about stronger messaging about Kantara - what's our focus, what are we known for, how do organizations succeed by using Kantara?
AOB
WG/DG Updates

Administrative Reminders/Requests: Please ensure your WG and DG charters are reasonably current. These are supposed to be reviewed annually.

IRM WG -

OTTO WG -

UMA WG 

BSC DG -

IA WG -

CIS WG -

Consent Solutions WG -

eGov WG -

FI WG - Nominations for Chair/Vice closes soon. Preparing to receive the next piece of work.

IDoT DG -

Launching New WG/DG's


New publication type
  • Andrew proposes to define a new type of Kantara publication: the 'Best Current Practice' Recommendation. This would follow the same intent as with IETF BCP documents. 
  • Currently the publication type: 'Recommendation' has sub-types of 'Recommendation' and 'Technical Specification'. The 'Best Current Practice' would become a third sub-type.
    "The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.  
    A BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF 
    community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the 
    best way to perform some operations or IETF process function."
    Ref: IETF BCP 9
Long-running Topics
Action Items Review

Please take a moment to review the list of action items and do your best to take action.

Policies & Procedures update

Operating Procedures are being updated to match the current version of Bylaws. Some streamlining and addition of document publication procedures is being done as well.

New boilerplate templates for email ballots are being created.

Tips and Tricks
2019 Project Funding


Document repo/Publications Library



Kantara-presence Events

List of future events on KantaraInitiative.org

Plenary planning




Discussion

TopicDiscussion








Events with Kantara presence

https://kantarainitiative.org/events/

ConferenceLocationDatesCall for SpeakersComments






** Not listed on Kantara site yet

Action Items

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •