NOTE: As of February 2018 for calculation of quorum there are 8 Work Groups.
Agenda and Meeting Notes
|Roll Call||Quorum not reached|
- All member ballot for ID Assurance Framework Service Assessment Criteria was successful - documents to be published for download soon
- WG-FI SAML profile being prepared for LC Certification then All member ballot
- Consent Receipt v1.1 being prepared for LC Certification then All member ballot
- Upcoming conferences and speaking proposals
- Kantara Plenaries 2018
- Group Plans for 2018
Draft minutes for approval:
2018-02-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-01-17 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-12-20 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-11-15 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-10-18 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-08-16 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-05-17 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-03-15 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-01-18 Meeting Notes DRAFT
"To approve listed meeting minutes"
|Executive Director and Staff Report|
Director's Corner: 2018: February
|LC Chair Report|
The Kantara Initiative is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization and good practice.
Administrative Reminders/Requests: Please ensure your WG and DG charters are reasonably current. These are supposed to be reviewed annually.
IRM WG - Still talking about next work items
OTTO WG -
UMA WG -
BSC DG -
IA WG - Now that the SAC for NIST 800-63-3 are published, will start to plan out what comes next in the work plan. Refresh of other IAF documents.
CIS WG - Now that Consent Receipt v1.1 is on its way to publication, now discussing the work plan for 2018.
eGov WG -
FI WG -
|Launching New WG/DG's|
|New publication type|
- Andrew proposes to define a new type of Kantara publication: the 'Best Current Practice' Recommendation. This would follow the same intent as with IETF BCP documents.
- Currently the publication type: 'Recommendation' has sub-types of 'Recommendation' and 'Technical Specification'. The 'Best Current Practice' would become a third sub-type.
"The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.
A BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF
community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the
best way to perform some operations or IETF process function."Ref: IETF BCP 9
|Action Items Review|
Please take a moment to review the list of action items and do your best to take action.
|GDPR-Related Activities||Colin has started a GDPR readiness project for Kantara operations|
|Policies & Procedures update|
Operating Procedures are being updated to match the current version of Bylaws. Some streamlining and addition of document publication procedures is being done as well.
New boilerplate templates for email ballots are being created.
|Tips and Tricks|
|2018 Project Funding|
|Document repo/Publications Library|
Big spike in downloads activity in February - YTD totals are:
Report from the Blockchain and Smart Contracts Discussion Group to the Kantara Initiative
User-Managed Access (UMA) 2.0 Grant for OAuth 2.0 Authorization
Federated Authorization for User-Managed Access (UMA) 2.0
Consent Receipt Recommendation V1.0 Report
Identity Assurance Framework: Service Assessment Criteria
List of future events on KantaraInitiative.org
- OWI, DC March 26-28. Kantara panel with Colin, Scott Shorter (Kuma), Id.me (Tracy Hulver), Mary Hodder, Andrew.
- IIW, MV, Tues April 3-5, No plans to sponsor
- RSA April
- EIC, Munich May Tues 15-18,
- International Privacy Summit (Kantara's first ever branded conference), London Tues May 22nd.
- Identiverse, Sun June 24th - 27th, Boston. Community expo space secured for us @same deal as last year. Gluu has already taken 1 of the 4 spots available. Was Cirrus, Gluu and ID.me last year. Could hold a plenary Sunday morning through mid-afternoon if enough interest. Who has submitted speaking proposals?
NEW Topic as of February 2018 - status update on planning for plenaries in the next 12 months
Munich, May 14 2018
- Intent to have a Kantara Annual General Meeting
- Intent to have a Member Plenary
- Both to happen the day prior to EIC conference somewhere in Munich - Colin is seeking meeting space at a Member location
- Financial sponsors for the event would be appreciated (3 x $1000) - modest cost anticipated (but if they want to go big we won't say no!)
No decision yet on where/when to hold a North America or APAC plenary.
Events with Kantara presence
|Conference||Location||Dates||Call for Speakers||Comments|
|KnowIdentity 2018||Washington||March 26-28, 2018||Closed|
Kantara panel with Colin, Scott Shorter (Kuma), Id.me (Tracy Hulver), Mary Hodder, Andrew.
Any members speaking?
|IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2018||Washington||March 25-26; March 27-28, 2018||Closed|
|IIW #XXVI||Mountain View||April 3-5, 2017||n/a|
|ID North Executive Session||Montreal||Mid-april|
|RSA 2018||San Francisco||April 16-20, 2018||Closed|
|Internet2 Global Summit 2018||San Diego||May 6-9, 2018||Closed|
|EIC 2018||Munich||May 15-18, 2018||Closed|
Who is speaking?
|Kantara International Privacy Summit||London||May 22, 2018||n/a||Kantara's first ever branded conference|
|IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium 2018||Toronto||May 22-23; May 24-25, 2018||Closed|
|Identiverse 2018||Boston||June 24-27, 2018||Closed|
Who is speaking?
Eve, Sal, Mark, Mike have been accepted so far
|myData 2018||Helsinki||August 29-31, 2018||April 5, 2018|
** Not listed on Kantara site yet