NOTE: As of April 19, 2017, for calculation of quorum there are 7 WGs.
Agenda and Meeting Notes
|Roll Call||Quorum was achieved|
- Upcoming conferences and speaking proposals
- Kantara Plenaries 2018
- Group Plans for 2018
- LC Elections
- Andrew, Mark and Sal are willing to continue as Chair, Vice, Secretary
- No other nominations were received
Draft minutes for approval:
2017-12-20 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-11-15 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-10-18 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-08-16 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-05-17 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-03-15 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-01-18 Meeting Notes DRAFT
"To approve listed meeting minutes"
|Executive Director and Staff Report|
Director's Corner: 2017: December & the year in review
|LC Chair Report|
The Kantara Initiative is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization and good practice.
- Corporate members needed - membership dues offset operational costs and allow the Groups to operate with a 'No-Fee' participation structure.
- Continues to be very strong interest in Consent management and Consent receipt
- New Consent Management Solutions WG has been launched. Collecting Participants now - first meeting mid-January.
Administrative Reminders/Requests: Please ensure your WG and DG charters are reasonably current. These are supposed to be reviewed annually.
IRM WG - WG discussing what the next Publication topic will be
OTTO WG - OTTO v1 spec under development. Adding budget for developer in 2018
UMA WG - UMA v2 is now available for download
BSC DG - Report is now available for download
IA WG - Service Assessment Criteria to match NIST SP 800-63-3 are in Public Review until January 29 2018
CIS WG - Consent Receipt Specification v1.1 in Public Review until January 20 2018
eGov WG - LC Ballot closed - approval for publication of the report
FI WG - Has a disposition of comments been completed? next step is All member ballot
IDoT DG- ?What Report is being developed for publication?
|Launching New WG/DG's|
|New publication type|
- Andrew proposes to define a new type of Kantara publication: the 'Best Current Practice' Recommendation. This would follow the same intent as with IETF BCP documents.
- Currently the publication type: 'Recommendation' has sub-types of 'Recommendation' and 'Technical Specification'. The 'Best Current Practice' would become a third sub-type.
"The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.
A BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF
community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the
best way to perform some operations or IETF process function."Ref: IETF BCP 9
|Action Items Review|
Please take a moment to review the list of action items and do your best to take action.
|Policies & Procedures update|
Operating Procedures are being updated to match the current version of Bylaws. Some streamlining and addition of document publication procedures is being done as well.
New boilerplate templates for email ballots are being created.
|Tips and Tricks|
|2018 Project Funding|
|Document repo/Publications Library|
List of future events on KantaraInitiative.org
- TIIME, Vienna Feb 5-8: A few of us going, no current plans to workshop (but we could), getting tight timewise to announce an EU Plenary there.
- OWI, DC March 26-28. A few of us going, Kantara panel with Andrew, Id.me (Tracy Hulver), me, possibly Mary Hodder and/or Kaliya. If enough LC there could consider a plenary if enough interest.
- IIW, MV, Tues April 3-5, No plans to sponsor, but ForgeRock has offered its offices on Friday 6th for F2F Board/LC and or Plenary if you want it.
- RSA April
- EIC, Munich May Tues 15-18, Pre-conf workshop confirmed for the morning of the 15th. Who will speak at it? I need to know today. Lots of us going and speaking at the main event.. Can do EU plenary on Monday 14th if you enough interest.
- IPS (Kantara's first ever branded conference), London Tues May 22nd. Who can speak at it? (currently is Mark/Sal, Mike, Colin, Robin W, Allan F (Eve?). We can hold a UK Plenary on Monday or Wednesday if there is enough interest.. and I think there is already.
- Identiverse, Sun June 24th - 27th, Boston. Community expo space secured for us @same deal as last year. Gluu already taken 1 of the 4 spots available. Was Cirrus, Gluu and ID.me last year. Could hold a plenary Sunday morning through mid afternoon if enough interest. Who has submitted speaking proposals?.. Eve, Andrew and I have.
- Kantara must start having regular in-person Plenaries
- Probably Europe and North America
- Spaced 4 months apart? 6 months apart?
- Tack onto existing conferences?
- Standalone event with sponsors?
- in-person WG meetings?
- joint WG meetings?
- "something to hack on" to draw people
- opportunity for active participants to bring others from their company to see what is coming & value from Kantara
- Possible dates
- EIC Munich May 15
- Pencil in for May 14 / Monday afternoon
No volunteers to lead the organizing of the event
|2018 Group Plans|
- UMA 2018
- 2016 plans are now executed - longer than expected
- Charter and roadmap discussion January 18
- Joint Consent Receipt / UMA; Legal framework & business model; github issue around extensions
- IAWG 2018
- Discussion/Decision needed on which part of IAF/SAC update to do next
- to happen after the 63-3 based updates are completed
- Looking at other trust frameworks / new trust marks for new SACs
- How to assist CSPs to transition from 63-2 to 63-3
- OTTO 2018
- More work to do for schema/vocabulary in JSON-LD; finishing up SAML/OIDC; re-edits needed for finalization
- OTTO v1.0 is possible in 2018
- Need strategies on adoption - work with a federation to use OTTO
- CIS 2018
- Possibilities: 'proof' of implementations via case study; interop testing/approaches; formalization of extensions to meet different regulatory requirements; formalization of profiling to constrain for 'community' implementation; more example for things like Purpose/Purpose categories; contribution to ISO
- IRM 2018
- "Relationships as a technique to look at ID Governance"; directory relationships; graph applications;
|Conference||Location||Dates||Call for Speakers|
|IAPP PSR 2017||San Diego||October 15-16; 16-18 2017||closed|
|IIW XXV||Mountain View||October 17-19, 2017||n/a|
|Identity North West||Vancouver||November 7, 8, 2017||Closed|
|TIIME 2018||Vienna||February 7-8, 2018||n/a|
|Privacy and security Conference 19th: Security & Privacy: A Global Evolution||Victoria||February 7-9, 2018||Closed|
|KnowIdentity 2018||Washington||March 26-28, 2018||Closed|
|IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2018||Washington||March 25-26; March 27-28, 2018||Closed|
|IIW #XXVI||Mountain View||April 3-5, 2017||n/a|
|RSA 2018||San Francisco||April 16-20, 2018||Closed|
|Internet2 Global Summit 2018||San Diego||May 6-9, 2018||October 30, 2017|
|EIC 2018||Munich||May 15-18, 2018||January 15, 2018|
|IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium 2018||Toronto||May 22-23; May 24-25, 2018||November 12, 2017|
|Identiverse 2018||Boston||June 24-27, 2018||TBD|
** Not listed on Kantara site yet