Child pages
  • 2016-10-19 Meeting Minutes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Oct 19, 2016

Attendees

Representation NameAttended
Connected Life Innovation Groups
IRMWG1stSalvatore D'Agostino (LC Secretary)Yes
IRMWG2ndBill NelsonNo
UMAWG1stEve MalerNo
UMAWG2ndMaciej MachulakNo
CISWG1st

John Wunderlich

Yes

CISWG Mark Lizar (LC Vice-Chair)No
CISWG Mary HodderNo
IDoTDG Ingo FrieseNo
BSCDG Thomas HardjonoNo
BSCDG Eve MalerNo
DIDProDG Ian GlazerNo
Trust Services Interoperability Groups
IAWG1stKen Dagg

Yes

IAWG2ndAndrew Hughes (LC Chair)Yes
HIAWG1stNON-VOTING 2016-09-07-
eGovWG1st

Rainer Hoerbe

No
eGovWG2ndKeith UberNo
FIWG1st

John Bradley

Yes

FIWG2ndWalter Forbes HoehnNo
OTTOWG1stMichael SchwartzYes
OTTOWG2ndJanusz UlanowskiNo
CISBPDG1Neil McEvoy-
Staff
Kantara-Colin WallisYes
Kantara Intern-Eric Prigden

No

Virtual-Shannon TaylorYes

 

Agenda and Meeting Notes

TopicDesired Outcome
Meeting Administration
Roll Call

Roll call was taken noting that quorum was not achieved.

Agenda Confirmation

Agenda confirmed, would like to discuss how the overall work of Kantara may be affected by the GDPR.

Organizational Updates
Executive Director Report and Staff Report
  • The newsletter was issued last week.
  • Julian Ranger has joined the Board of Directors.
  • ID Pro DG is up and running and is going well.
  • IIW is taking place next week in Mountain View, Kantara will have a strong presence. Kantara will be holding a signing ceremony with another member organization.
  • Kantara Europe is progressing slowly.
  • KIPI is going well. Two more projects moving forward in DHS. MDAV is looking to begin a second phase. Another five white papers have been submitted with four additional papers in the pipeline.
  • IDESG mapping continues.
  • In the final stages of the RFP for the Service Assessment Criteria.
  • Kantara is holding a board strategy session next week at ForgeRock after IIW.
  • Strawman membership structure underway.
LC Chair Report
  • The LC is now on a monthly call schedule, third Wednesday of each month at 4:00pm Eastern.
  • Andrew pausing for a bit on launching further groups at this point. He will be talking with Peter Davis from Neustar and Julian Ranger from Digi.me on IoT and personal data.
New Business
Upcoming Events

IIW:

  • Kantara will be a table sponsor.
  • Members will be in attendance, speaking etc.
  • Planned presentations on VRM day include:
    • State of VRM Union
    • J-Link discussing its protocol and showing a demo
    • Consent Receipt

IDM UK, Colin will be presenting.

ISSE in Paris, Colin attending.

Secure Identity Alliance event in Berlin for invited observers.

WG/DG Updates

  • DIDPro
  • IRM
  • UMA, UMA-DEV
  • CIS
  • IDoT
  • BSC
  • IA
  • HIA
  • eGOV
  • FI
  • OTTO

Andrew reminded everyone that it is time to submit budget requests for project work.

Ken reminded everyone to submit their updates via the status blog as he is using the updates to compile a report for the Board.

DIDProDG

  • Two calls held thus far with attendance in the range of 20-30 people.
  • Nominations are open for Vice-Chair and Secretary.
  • Focus of calls right now is on the survey results.

IAWG

  • Analysis started on the IDESG project for the IDEF registery.
  • Early discussion on potential impacts of the 800-63-3 updates.
  • Concluded comment discussions for 8112 from NIST (Attribute Metadata).
  • Early discussions on 8149 (Developing Trust Frameworks to Support Identity Federations). 

  • RFP for SAC updates will be finalized shortly

CISWG

  • Consent Receipts

    • The group is iterating with the technical writer on version 0.9.x of the Consent Receipt specification
    • Andrew Hughes acting as 'administrative chair' to allow full participating content bashing
    • Targeting November/December time frame to have a candidate specification for WG, then LC votes.
  • User Submitted Terms
    • Both Intent Casting and No Stalking terms are at human readable version 0.2
    • Likely bashing of content at IIW next week.

Andrew is acting chair for CIS to allow the folks working on projects to do the work and not be bogged down with running the group.

OTTOWG

  • Implemented a server at Glu that implements the OTTO endpoints, working out well.
  • Focus on defining the schema - looking to receive feedback at IIW.

BSCDG

  • The DG is creating use cases, technologies and examples for a community crafted document. The goal is for the draft document to be completed in November.

UMAWG

  • The Multi-party specification is at v0.4. UMA legal is working toward clauses to support UMA implementation.
Launching WG/DG Discussion

Discussion of potential new WG/DGs

A parking lot of potential new WG/DG is listed below, as these become closer to reality there will be an opportunity to learn more information.

  • Ken Klingenstein - Scalable Consent
  • Mark Lizar - Consent Conformance
  • Andrew Hughes - Next-Gen IAF
  • Andrew Hughes - FIDO-aware IAF
  • Peter Davis - IoT policy enablement for XACML

Past topics discussed but not yet chartered:

  • Ken Dagg - RP Requirements
GDPR Open Discussion

John W. noted that the GDPR may have an impact on Kantara Work groups. How many projects/specifications will need to be looked at regarding personal data? Now is the time to evaluate before this goes into effect in May 2018. John will prepare a strawman document of questions that need to be evaluated.

Long-running Topics
Action Items ReviewsReview action items
Contributor IPRStatus update on changing to Contribution Agreement type
Tips and Tricks

Continued conversation on group and conversation management tips and recommendations.

  • Seeking a tutorial on how to use github to do collaborative document editing
Kantara Policy AuditDiscussion on audit of Kantara policies - including changes to GPA and privacy policy
2017 Project FundingIt is now past time to submit budget requests for 2017 funding. All requests were due by the end of September. Please contact Colin or Andrew with any questions.
Document repoStructure revamp and solidification of process
Kantara Publications LibraryAndrew to draft proposal for processes
AOBOpen Discussion