Child pages
  • 2015-07-15 Meeting Minutes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

STATUS: Not Approved

Date

Jul 15, 2015

Attendees

  • C&ISWG - Mark
  • IRM WG - Sal
  • UMA WG - Eve
  • IAWG - Ken
  • HIAWG - Pete
  • eGov WG - Colin
  • OTTO WG - Mike
  • Executive Director - Joni Brennan (non-voting)
  • Program Manager - Jane Celusak (non-voting)

Quorum reached 6 of 9 voting representatives.

Goals

Discussion Items

TimeItemWhoNotes
Roll CallSal
  • C&ISWG - Mark
  • IRM WG - Sal
  • UMA WG - Eve
  • IAWG - Ken
  • HIAWG - Pete
  • eGov WG - Colin
  • OTTOWG - Mike
 Approve MinutesSal
  • Joni will sent the old draft minutes links to the list. 
  • There are still some minutes that need to be located.
 

Administration

Sal
  • 20150715-01 ACTION: Jane - create the page to hold the LC reports.
  • CISBP WG Status: Joni did confirm that the leadership of the group is on the LC list and as such should be getting the agendas etc. Recommendation LC leadership to send final notices to this WG to move forward shut down the of the group with regret. The LC noted that they see value in the group but it is critical that the group participates in LC in alignment with the other WGs etc.
  • UMA Dev Charter
    • Eve explained the new WG charter and the reasoning to develop.  Based upon the scope and focus explained in the charter. Specifically it was noted that the reason to create a new WG is to leverage the Apache CLA license for code development.
    • QUESTION: how to manage the case where one person may be the chair of multiple groups. 
    • 20150715-02 ACTION: LC Secretary - Separately LC to review the situation regard one person who may lead multiple WGs.  (example: representation, voting etc) LC may consider developing supplemental guidance.
    • 20150715-03 ACTION: LC Secretary - Keep IPR agenda item open (re movement and transference etc) given that part of the reason for the new UMA Dev WG was to be able to leverage a different IPR policy.
    • QUESTION: Is there a relationship to OTTO as well?  It's very possible and we may wish to continually review and position toward IOP in the future. 
    • POINT: The LC seems to desire some kind of literal "sandbox" space to share information and collaborate. This idea needs some development.
    • Eve noted that the charter is only capturing initial contributions but would be very open to future contributions.
    • Revisions were suggested and accepted with regard to the duration of the charter.
    • 20150715-01 MOTION: eGov WG Moves to accept the draft UMA Dev WG Charter, IRM WG Second
      • Discussion: subject to amendment in the charter deliverable timeline to initial designs within 6 month and initial implementations within 9 months.
      • No objections
      • APPROVED
    • 20150715-04 ACTION: Kantara team - take the steps to launch the WG tools.
 Voting UpdateSalNone
 WG/DG UpdatesSal
  • IAWG - NIST privacy framework comments, core criteria for ARB, excel spreadsheet of IAF SACs.  Summer attendance is a challenge.
  • IRM - putting the principles through the ringer.  Idea of separating relationship level from traditional IAM level.  Items that come in to play for AuthZ life cycle of relationship management.

  • eGovWG - No significant update.  Meetings continue on and off. Lightly attended due to summer hours. Still reviewing a Code of Conduct for RPs to deliver to IAWG to review.  Has been boosted by some contributions from WAYF (David Simonsen).

  • HIA WG - Pete no longer present.

  • UMA WG - Bad voice connection and Eve will share the quarterly report in place of meeting report. 

  • C&IS WG - Mark will submit a quarterly report in place of the meeting report.

  • OTTO WG - Getting started.  Using github and all the IT is moving.  We're still very early days and there is good progress.

 BoT Liaison Representative UpdateSal & Colin
  • The IP item is still open and needs attention.
  • Board meeting did take place yesterday.
  • LC would like to understand more clearly which information can be shared with the full LC from the Board perspective. There is good work developing in the BoT but not quite ready to share with the full organization.
  • LC leadership activity for administration of future work.
  • Joni noted that the LC Liaisons (Sal and Colin) are doing very good work representing the LC.
  • 20150715-05 ACTION: LC Secretary - Please include agenda item on next call regarding the KI Privacy Policy and updates with regard to the MVCR use in KI site.
  • 20150715-06 ACTION: Jane - ensure the LC has an officer meeting regularly scheduled and that the meetings take place.
 AoBSal
  • None
 AdjournSal
  • eGov moves to close

Action Items

  • 20150715-01 ACTION: Jane - create the page to hold the LC reports.
  • 20150715-02 ACTION: LC Secretary - Separately LC to review the situation regard one person who may lead multiple WGs.  (example: representation, voting etc) LC may consider developing supplemental guidance.
  • 20150715-03 ACTION: LC Secretary - Keep IPR agenda item open (re movement and transference etc) given that part of the reason for the new UMA Dev WG was to be able to leverage a different IPR policy.
  • 20150715-04 ACTION: Kantara team - take the steps to launch the WG tools.
  • 20150715-05 ACTION: LC Secretary - Please include agenda item on next call regarding the KI Privacy Policy and updates with regard to the MVCR use in KI site.
  • 20150715-06 ACTION: Jane - ensure the LC has an officer meeting regularly scheduled and that the meetings take place.