(1) DISCUSSION GROUP NAME (and any acronym or abbreviation of the name): The DG name, acronym and abbreviation must not include trademarks not owned by the Organization, or content that is infringing, harmful, or inappropriate.
Identities of Things (IDoT DG)
(2) DISCUSSION TOPIC/PURPOSE/MOTIVATION: Please provide a clear statement of the topic, purpose, and/or motivation for requesting the formation of this DG.
Object IdM addresses the handling of identities of things (IDoT), goods and objects. The Internet of Things (IoT) is beginning to evolve and early solutions are now being implemented. In the context of IoT, some Object Identities are managed with proprietary solutions or niche standards that have not been mapped to each other nor interoperate. As a consequence, there is no overall framework how to recognize and manage identities across different solutions.
The purpose of the Identities of Things DG is to start the evolution of an overarching Identity Framework for the IoT.
The discussion group intends to deliver the following:
- Deliver “Landscape document” / State-of-the-art analysis of the current Object IdM approaches
- Describe the Object IdM problem with exemplary use-cases
- Submit article proposal to IEEE about identities in the internet of things
- Prepare the foundation for a working group to develop an Object IdM Framework for the IDoT, in support of IoT broader landscape.
(3) LEADERSHIP: Proposed DG Chair subject to confirmation by a vote of the DG Participants.
Ingo Friese, Deutsche Telekom (interim convener)
(4) AUDIENCE: Anticipated Participants in this DG.
It is intended that this DG may include coverage of all types of Identity Community stakeholders ranging from technical, policy and privacy perspectives.
(5) COPYRIGHT POLICY: The Organization approved Intellectual Property Rights Policy to cover any copyright material that may be produced as a result of DG 'Participants' posts to the wiki or email archives.
Kantara Initiative IPR Policy – Creative Commons Share-Alike Attribution
(6) PROPOSERS: Names, email addresses, and any constituent affiliations of at least the minimum set of proposers required to support forming the DG. At least 3 Participants are required to request formation of a DG.
|Ingo Friese||Deutsche Telekom||Ingo.Friese@telekom.de|
|Colin Wallis||NZ Gov Department of Internal Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Patrick Curry||Clarion Identity Ltdemail@example.com|