Hi everyone - the Kantara Discussion Group to collect Identity Proofing and Verification (IDPV) Use Cases has been approved and is ready to start work.
The purpose of the discussion group
The purpose of this DG is to write a report consisting of the use cases you contribute that will be contributed into a study period at ISO SC 27/WG 5 which was started to collect and analyze use cases towards definition of an Identity Assurance Framework (Identity Assurance at ISO SC 27 is defined as a superset of IDPV).
This DG will run from now until early February 2019.
I plan to have weekly calls - initially Wednesdays at 11:00 Pacific time.
- STEP 1: Join the DG here (the Group Participation Agreement)
- STEP 2: Check out The DG wiki space (world-readable, no user account required)
- STEP 3: Participate in the calls using Goto meeting dial information
Who should join the DG?
Companies and organizations that
- perform identity proofing or verification services
- consume and rely on identity proofing or verification services
- write standards for identity proofing, verification and their assurance
Which job roles should be represented?
- Managers of organizational units that are accountable for user registration or enrolment.
- Purchasing managers who require suppliers to meet standards for identity proofing.
- Front-line staff whose job function relies directly on assured identities.
- Some examples: passport and citizenship offices, private sector businesses offering regulated or restricted product sales, law enforcement, border control, vital events departments, driving licenses, identity provider and credential service providers, healthcare services, blockchain identity companies.
Logistics of participating in Kantara Discussion Groups
Kantara is the global not-for-profit consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data. We operate community Groups which are self-administering within Kantara’s operating rules and Intellectual Property Rights policies.
Participation in Discussion Groups is no-charge (Kantara encourages you to become a paying Member if you get value from your participation).
To participate you must sign the Group Participation Agreement - link above.
We will have weekly call/online meetings to discuss things - the idea is that work will happen in between the calls.
The DG has a group mailing list which keeps an archive of emails, and a wiki space to hold content like drafts, meeting notes and background readings.
Questions? Ask me AndrewHughes3000@gmail.com