Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

2018-12-19

Status of Minutes


DRAFT

Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>

Agenda

  1. Call to order
    1. Roll Call & Determination of quorum status
    2. Reminder about the Group Participation Agreement
    3. Agenda bashing
    4. Kantara Organization updates 
  2. Introductions
  3. Discuss the discussion group 
    1. Goals, approach, desired outcomes (Charter material)
    2. Terminology page
    3. Use case template page
    4. Call for Vice-Chair, Secretary nominations
  4. Discuss DG Schedule
  5. Standing agenda items
    1. Schedule status updates
    2. Contributions status updates
    3. Writing teams status updates
  6. All Other Business (AOB)
  7. Adjourn

Attendees

Link to the full Participant Roster

Voting Participants

fParticipants

Attended

Callahan, JohnYes
Dagg, Ken


Harkema, JJ

Yes

Hapner, Mark

Yes

Hughes, Andrew (Chair)

Yes

Pasquale, Jim


Shorter, Scott

Yes

Skyberg, DavidYes

WILSHER, Richard

Yes


Non-Voting Participants

  •  Stuart Young
  • Joe Andrieu

Regrets

Quorum Status


Meeting was <<<>>> quorate


Voting participants

Participant Roster - Quorum is 5 of 9 as of 2018-12-18

Discussion Items


Time

Item

Who

Notes

5 min
  • Call to order
  • GPA reminder
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Organization updates
Chair



Introductions

All

Welcome!



Discuss the discussion group 

    1. Goals, approach, desired outcomes (Charter material)
    2. Terminology page
    3. Use case template page
Chair

Discussion on terminology:

  • Comment that "Identity" is a circular reference - 'related to' implies that the 'entity' is already known - there is inconsistency

Discussion on approach to collect material:

  • We will run out time if we duplicate effort by having everyone go get essentially identical material from their sources - how to avoid this?
  • Suggestion that we quickly post use case titles and maybe abstract to the wiki as a first step, then coordinate if we see obvious duplication
  • Andrew is working with Government of Canada to list use cases from their repository - they are actively contributing, just need to sort out details.
  • John: 
    • Would like to look at Aadhaar use case - combination of biometric and demographic and central database comparison (reach out to Vishal Gupta from IIW/RWOT participation ; also look at Andrew's ITU-T report on strong authentication use cases)
    • "The RENIEC system is used in Peru for bank KYC IDV (see attached paper).  In Mexico, the INE (a voting database with biometrics) has been expanded for use by bank KYC/AML purposes.  In some of the IDV draft uses cases, I will refer to these (as exemplars) because they are biometric-driven (fingerprints)."
  • Andrew:
    • Andrew to look into Alipay/ IFAA eKYC
  • Joe:
    • Will look at the DID and Verifiable Credentials Use cases to see which ones would be suitable for contribution
    • Look at Joram use case too
    • Will consider how the ISO definition maps to other definitions of ID Assurance, and if appropriate will contribute commentary for the report.
  • Mark: 
    • what about PayPal? After the call Andrew started to track down connections to Jeff Hodges - will report back.




Schedule updates

  • Status
  • Issues
  • Next period plan
Chair

  1. EDIT THE CALENDAR

    Customise the different types of events you'd like to manage in this calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  2. RESTRICT THE CALENDAR

    Optionally, restrict who can view or add events to the team calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  3. SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM

    Grab the calendar's URL and email it to your team, or paste it on a page to embed the calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  4. ADD AN EVENT

    The calendar is ready to go! Click any day on the calendar to add an event or use the Add event button.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  5. SUBSCRIBE

    Subscribe to calendars using your favourite calendar client.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs


Contributions updates

  • Status
  • Issues
  • Next period plan

Chair

Use Case Contributions

  • Catherine continuing to refine UC01 and UC02
  • Andrew has discussed Financial Institution use cases with a few FIs
  • Andrew has discussed available use cases with Government of Canada (includes Federal, Provincial, Territorial governments)
  • Looking for use cases from lightly- or indirectly-regulated sectors
    • Looking for "sharing economy" use cases
    • Looking for "blockchain" use cases
    • Looking for "retail" use cases

Writing teams updates

  • Status
  • Issues
  • Next period plan

Chair