Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

 

 

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes Approval: (lack of quorum, so no minutes to approve) 
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Organization Updates - Director's Corner
    6. Staff reports and updates
    7. LC reports and updates
    8. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. Discussion of KIAF-5415 v0.6.0
    2. Proposal from Secretariat that the IAWG move to classify the RAA and AAS as "ARB policy guidance"
    3. Discussion of consolidated comments to FICAM TFS from Kantara stakeholders
  3. AOB
    1.  
  4. Adjourn

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2015-01-22, quorum is 6 of 11

Use the Info box below to record the meeting quorum status

Meeting did not achieve quorum

 

Voting

  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Ken Dagg (C)
  • RGW 
  • Adam Madlin

Non-Voting

  •  

Staff

  •  Ruth Puente

Apologies

  • None

 

Voting Members for Cut/Paste

  • Ken Dagg (C)
  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Rich Furr
  • Paul Calatayud (VC)
  • Devin Kusek
  • Adam Madlin
  • Kenneth Myers
  • Cathy Tilton
  • Richard Wilsher
  • Lee Aber

Selected Non-Voting members for Cut/Paste

  • Bill Braithwaite
  • Björn Sjöholm
  • Susan Schreiner
  • Jeff Stollman

 

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Action Item Review

  •  

Staff Updates

Ruth reports on survey reports that have been sent to CSPs and assessors, from those comments there have been some improvements to work on in some areas, including working with the IAWG. From Monday onward, Ruth will be sending recommendations on that topic. There are ongoing dialog about reaccreditation of an assessor and the status of two CSPs.

  •  
LC Updates
  • Ken does not have much to report - the tools discussion is ongoing.
  • UMA 1.? will be out for public review once it passes the LC
  • IRM working  group is on hold coming up with a new draft of the principles
  • Great interest from LC and ARB from the 
  • Action item for Scott to send notes from last week's discussion with Oxford BioChronometrics
  • Action item on identifying the requirement for what IAWG needs for a SAC tool
Participant updates
  •  

Discussion

KIAF-5415

Ken reviewed the document, did not have major concerns. One issue with the comparison of definitions of terms between Kantara and the 29115.  Discussion of the content and usage of this document and KIAF-5463.  Ken confirms that the docs are ancillary to the IAF, might be useful when implementing something or preparing for an assessment. Scott and RGW discussed Richard's request for comment about whether to incorporate credential pre-processing requirements in the IAF.

RAA and AAS to ARB Policy Guidance

Richard is uncomfortable with the classification, it's not policy guidance. Maybe call it policy, not policy guidance?  After some discussion, ARB procedures is agreed upon as.

Richard Wilsher made a motion to classify the RAA and AAS as "ARB Policy", Scott Shorter seconded.  No objection, the motion passed.

FICAM Comment Period

Any objection to comments by any members?

Ken was concerned with the identification of specific documents, not sure how to capture that recommendation.  Canada guidance describes foundational sources of evidence, leaves it up to the community to establish those. Immigration documents or birth records are foundational, passport or RL are secondary sources.  Scott and Adam both suggest bringing this to their attentioned.

Richard said to keep in mind that Chi's email is about points for consideration. They didn't make a definitive statement, consider reframing. If the government were to propose XYZ.

Scott will write a note about how these stronger requirements can be applied at a newly defined higher level of assurance.

Ken suggests we write a comment that here are some thoughts, further discussion will prove valuable, including active involvement of all interested parties.

Adam agrees and notes that they said there would be opportunity to review and discuss but have not enabled that review and feedback process.

RGW suggests there would be an editing group with open participation, draft disposition, meeting to discuss draft disposition, repeat and improve. Find out if there is common ground or find out if there is not common ground.  Both Federal and non-Federal clients.

Adam shares news from Paul Grassi who said in front of FIDO alliance - expecting a minor revision release of 800-63 in the Spring, expecting changes that will effectively eliminate LOA2, certain authentication modes to be eliminated for not being strong enough, and clarification of identity proofing questions on the table.

 

AOB

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting

  • Date: Thursday, yyyy-mm-dd
  • Time: 12:00 PT | 15:00 ET
  • Time: 12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT
  • United States Toll +1 (805) 309-2350
  • Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
    Skype: +99051000000481
    • Conference ID: 613-2898
  • International Dial-In Numbers