Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

 

 

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes approval: DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2015-07-30
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Staff reports and updates
    6. Assurance Review Board (ARB) and Leadership Council (LC) reports and updates
    7. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. SAC evolution
    2. Annual Conformity Review Core Criteria
  3. AOB
    1.  
  4. Adjourn

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2015-01-22, quorum is 6 of 11

 

Meeting did not achieve quorum

 

Voting

  • Lee Aber
  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Richard Wilsher

Non-Voting

  • Angela Rey
  • Paul Katsky, Internet2

Staff

  • Ruth Puente
  • Joni Brennan

Regrets

  • None

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2015-07-30

Motion to approve minutes of 2015-07-30
Seconded: 
Discussion: 
Motion Carried | Carried with amendments | Defeated

Action Item Review

See the Action Items Log wiki page

Staff Updates

Leadership Council (LC) Updates
  • Andrew reports that some discussion of tools has taken place. Chairs have been asked what tools are in use to get a catalog - UMA groups have chosen to use a software release plan approach, declared a series of releases - as issues and items come up they discuss which release those will be published in. If a fix is needed right away they do a patch release, but more substantial changes may be planned for a future release.  We don't have the same volume of changes, because the SAC has been around for a while.  They are using gethub to store it, this gives them the granularity they want for change tracking
Participant updates

Discussion

SAC Evolution

  • representation of the SAC, new change perhaps to XML / hypertext
  • ongoing update and maintenance of the SAC from version 4.0 to 5.0
  • the group mailed out the requirements for potential tool earlier
  • LC is doing a wider scan to see what people are using
  • Worthwhile to put a request of evaluation of gethub for requirements
  • Andrew will speak to some folks in UMA to learn about how it works for them and determining whether it suits their requirements
  • Richard emphasized the question of managing SAC revision and SAC maintenance in the future

Annual Conformity Review Core Criteria - RAA and AAS 

  • next step to push the documents to the list and remind request for a review
  • if next week there is no discussion or comment we will close and send to ARB
  • next meeting 7-20
  • CSPs are required to be assessed annually, with a core identified each year, and 50% of the remainder.  The RAA documents this (distributed by RGW 2015-70-30)  there is text about this process.  This requires that we identify which ones are core and which are not.
  • RGW's point in the email was that the ARB felt that the proper home for the core criteria would be to flag them in the SAC, which would be facilitated by rehosting the SAC (e.g. as a data flag).  David Temoshok had suggested areas to be core, but the IAWG as the owner of the SAC should make a determination which criteria apply to which areas, and then find a way to identify them as CORE in the SAC.
  • Andrew suggests we ask the approved CSPs and those identified in the pipeline to work to identify the core criteria as the first cut, then bring it to the IAWG for discussion and confirmation.  Way to get the work done and to entice the CSPs to join the IAWG.
  • Angela suggests to Joni that we could poll the attendees from the Kantara Plenary to see who wants to participate, or we could use the community list.

AOB

RGW has an item - we all know good ole 29003 for identity proofing.  US delegation meeting 24 hours ago had a 16-1 vote in favor of opposing the progression of the standard, to much more discretely stated requirements. Need requirements to meet the ISO directives.  Kantara can submit comments as a liaison body. Deadline is the 15th.

Scott to put the meeting on the calendar for the 20th, another IAWG to conclude the discussion of the RAA and AAS.

Carry-forward Items

 

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting