Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference
Date and Time
· Date: Thursday, 2016-02-23
· Time: 12:00 PST | 15:00 EST
· Dial-in Details NEW
· Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/380672837
· Access Code: 380-672-837
- Roll Call
- Agenda Confirmation
- Minutes Approval:
- Action Item Review: action item list
- Organization Updates - Director's Corner
- Staff reports and updates
- LC reports and updates
- Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
Link to IAWG Roster
As of 2017-01-12, quorum is 4 of 7
Use the Info box below to record the meeting quorum status
Meeting did achieve quorum
- Ken Dagg
- Adam Madlin
- Scott Shorter
- Richard Wilsher
- Ken Crowl
- Angela Rey
- Ruth Puente
Voting Members for Cut/Paste
- Ken Dagg (C)
- Andrew Hughes (VC)
- Scott Shorter (S)
- Paul Caskey
- Adam Madlin
- Richard Wilsher
- Lee Aber
Selected Non-Voting members for Cut/Paste
- Bill Braithwaite
- Rich Furr
- Devin Kusek
- Björn Sjöholm
- Susan Schreiner
- Jeff Stollman
Notes & Minutes
Motion to approve minutes of 2017-02-09, 2017-02-16: Richard Wilsher moves to approve
Seconded: Adam Madlin
Action Item Review
- First three action items are on the agenda for today
- Colin sent the comments on NISTIR 8149 to NIST on 2017-02-22
- IDESG has comments from Kantara, they expect to respond within the month.
- Wiki refresh project is ongoing
Director's Corner Link
- Good face to face coordination meeting with Leif Johanssen and Colin Wallis and Alan Foster and Andrew Hughes and Ruth Puente at TIIME in Vienna. Discussion of the assurance program, issues with respect to FICAM and next step of the IAF.
- No LC meeting recently, no update at this time.
- IRM workgroup is close to producing a report, good introduction to what to look for in a relationship management solution
Election for IAWG Leadership
We have had a volunteer for secretary, we hope that he can make it to next week's call.
The changes involve less R&D work and more maintenance of the IAF. The group responsible for making updates to the IAF, SAC as well as doing reviews and critiques of other assurance frameworks and other trust frameworks.
Angela has the comment on Ken's remarks, agrees to review and join for discussion next week. We will hold off on the call for now.
NIST SP 800-63-3
Discussion of the need to uniquely identify clauses in the requirements.
Ken Crowl shared his list of his organization's concerns with Ken Dagg, he will share them forward to the group to add to the discussion.
Scott Shorter included a comment in support of the flow charts / decision trees included in 800-63-3.
Discussion of requirement for document verification for all remote proofing. Call for a need for intermediate verification options that don't require the full rigor of IAL2 (remote + document verification). Technical challenges to document verification.
- Date: Thursday, yyyy-mm-dd
- Time: 12:00 PT | 15:00 ET
- Time: 12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT
- United States Toll +1 (805) 309-2350
- Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
- Conference ID: 613-2898
- International Dial-In Numbers