Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes Approval: 
    4. Action Item Review: action item list
    5. Organization Updates - Director's Corner
    6. Staff reports and updates
    7. LC reports and updates
    8. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. Election for IAWG leadership
    2. Charter review (attached)
    3. NIST SP 800-63-3 review 

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2017-01-12, quorum is 4 of 7

Use the Info box below to record the meeting quorum status

Meeting did achieve quorum

 

Voting

  • Ken Dagg
  • Adam Madlin
  • Scott Shorter
  • Richard Wilsher

Non-Voting

  • Ken Crowl
  • Angela Rey

Staff

  • Ruth Puente 

Apologies

  • None

 

Voting Members for Cut/Paste

  • Ken Dagg (C)
  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Paul Caskey
  • Adam Madlin
  • Richard Wilsher
  • Lee Aber

Selected Non-Voting members for Cut/Paste

  • Bill Braithwaite
  • Rich Furr
  • Devin Kusek
  • Björn Sjöholm
  • Susan Schreiner
  • Jeff Stollman

 

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

Motion to approve minutes of 2017-02-09, 2017-02-16:   Richard Wilsher moves to approve
Seconded: Adam Madlin
Discussion: 
Motion Carried

Action Item Review

  • First three action items are on the agenda for today
  • Colin sent the comments on NISTIR 8149 to NIST on 2017-02-22 
  • IDESG has comments from Kantara, they expect to respond within the month.
  • Wiki refresh project is ongoing

Staff Updates

  • Good face to face coordination meeting with Leif Johanssen and Colin Wallis and Alan Foster and Andrew Hughes and Ruth Puente at TIIME in Vienna.  Discussion of the assurance program, issues with respect to FICAM and next step of the IAF.
LC Updates
  • No LC meeting recently, no update at this time.
  • IRM workgroup is close to producing a report, good introduction to what to look for in a relationship management solution

Discussion

Election for IAWG Leadership

We have had a volunteer for secretary, we hope that he can make it to next week's call.

Charter Review

The changes involve less R&D work and more maintenance of the IAF. The group responsible for making updates to the IAF, SAC as well as doing reviews and critiques of other assurance frameworks and other trust frameworks.

Angela has the comment on Ken's remarks, agrees to review and join for discussion next week.  We will hold off on the call for now.

NIST SP 800-63-3

Discussion of the need to uniquely identify clauses in the requirements.

Ken Crowl shared his list of his organization's concerns with Ken Dagg, he will share them forward to the group to add to the discussion.

Scott Shorter included a comment in support of the flow charts / decision trees included in 800-63-3.

Discussion of requirement for document verification for all remote proofing.  Call for a need for intermediate verification options that don't require the full rigor of IAL2 (remote + document verification). Technical challenges to document verification.

AOB

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting

  • Date: Thursday, yyyy-mm-dd
  • Time: 12:00 PT | 15:00 ET
  • Time: 12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT
  • United States Toll +1 (805) 309-2350
  • Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
    Skype: +99051000000481
    • Conference ID: 613-2898
  • International Dial-In Numbers

 

  • No labels