Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference
Date and Time
- Date: Thursday, 2016-12-01
- Time: 12:00 PST | 15:00 EST
- Dial-in Details
- Skype: +99051000000481
- US Dial-In: +1-805-309-2350
- Conference ID: 613-2898
- IAWG Leadership
- NISTIR 8149 review status
- NIST SP 800-63-3 status
- IDESG Mapping Review
- SAC update technical review status
Link to IAWG Roster
As of 2015-11-05, quorum is 5 of 9
Meeting did not achieve quorum
- Andrew Hughes (VC)
- Scott Shorter (S)
- Ken Dagg (C)
- Richard Wilsher
- Ken Crowl, Experian
- Christine Abruzzi supporting the Trusted Identities Group (TIG) - previously the NSTIC office.
- Ruth Puente, Kantara
Notes & Minutes
- Skipped, no quorum
Action Item Review
- Action items are the agenda.
Director's Corner Link
- Colin will be writing a new directors corner soon.
- Andrew reports that Kantara as an organization is on the move - much going on outside the working groups, starting to interact with personal data ecosystem and personal information management system communities, and there's good discussion going on. This group is pretty static but there's more energy bubbling around the organization. Do check out the director's corner link.
- Main page of the wiki has a new link called working and discussion group activity - WG chairs post to a shared blog, every couple of weeks the accomplishments and plans will be posted by the leaders.
- LC meeting notes and minutes are readable, so come read the notes and minutes.
Time for renewal of iawg leadership roles. Andrew will be stepping down from the vice chair role, and the group will put out a call for comments.
NISTIR 8149 Review
Scott will draft comments for IAWG to review by next Thursday.
NIST SP 800-63-3
Andrew has observed that the kinds of edits going into github are finalization type comments. Ask whether anyone else has insights they can share - once the draft for public comment (expected in January) we will take action within the 60 day window. RGW submitted 50 comments on 800-63 and 800-63A, Paul will take care of what he can before the IPD. Andrew notes that the latest version of section 63C on federation and assertions, pleased that Kantara's concerns and ways of expressing federation have been modified and updated positively. Christine can confirm that Andrew's estimated timing is on track.
IDEF Mapping Review
Andrew sent a reminder to the organization that have volunteered to review, scheduled a call for this timeslot next week. There's not that many partial or doesn't apply requirements. There are some requirements that only pertain to Relying Parties. It's good to have a way to identify that but it shouldn't take long once we get into the details.
Ken inquires if there's an estimated time for comments - Andrew assumes that the 8th and 22nd would be the meetings, complete by the end of the year or early new year.
Revision of Descriptive Text on SAC Update Review
Contract was signed 10-26, join effort between Ken Dagg and Richard Wilsher. Worked out a deliverable timeline with Ruth - first deliverable is a revision of the text, draft was delivered with comments due to Ruth on December 6.
- Date: Thursday, 2017-01-12
- Time: 12:00 PT | 15:00 ET
- Time: 12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT
- United States Toll +1 (805) 309-2350
- Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
- Conference ID: 613-2898
- International Dial-In Numbers