Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

 

Date and Time

  • Date: Thursday, 2016-12-01
  • Time: 12:00 PST | 15:00 EST
  • Dial-in Details
  • Skype: +99051000000481
  • US Dial-In: +1-805-309-2350
  • Conference ID: 613-2898

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes Approval: 
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Organization Updates - Director's Corner
    6. Staff reports and updates
    7. LC reports and updates
    8. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. IAWG Leadership
    2. NISTIR 8149 review status
    3. NIST SP 800-63-3 status 
  3. AOB
    1. IDESG Mapping Review
    2. SAC update technical review status

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2015-11-05, quorum is 5 of 9

 

Meeting did not achieve quorum

Voting

  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Ken Dagg (C)
  • Richard Wilsher

Non-Voting

Staff

  •  

Apologies

  • Ruth Puente, Kantara

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

  • Skipped, no quorum

Action Item Review

  •  Action items are the agenda.

Staff Updates

  •  Colin will be writing a new directors corner soon.
LC Updates
  • Andrew reports that Kantara as an organization is on the move - much going on outside the working groups, starting to interact with personal data ecosystem and personal information management system communities, and there's good discussion going on. This group is pretty static but there's more energy bubbling around the organization.  Do check out the director's corner link.
  • Main page of the wiki has a new link called working and discussion group activity - WG chairs post to a shared blog, every couple of weeks the accomplishments and plans will be posted by the leaders.
  • LC meeting notes and minutes are readable, so come read the notes and minutes.
Participant updates
  •  

Discussion

IAWG leadership

Time for renewal of iawg leadership roles. Andrew will be stepping down from the vice chair role, and the group will put out a call for comments.

NISTIR 8149 Review

Scott will draft comments for IAWG to review by next Thursday.

NIST SP 800-63-3

Andrew has observed that the kinds of edits going into github are finalization type comments. Ask whether anyone else has insights they can share - once the draft for public comment (expected in January) we will take action within the 60 day window.  RGW submitted 50 comments on 800-63 and 800-63A, Paul will take care of what he can before the IPD.  Andrew notes that the latest version of section 63C on federation and assertions, pleased that Kantara's concerns and ways of expressing federation have been modified and updated positively.  Christine can confirm that Andrew's estimated timing is on track.

AOB

IDEF Mapping Review

Andrew sent a reminder to the organization that have volunteered to review, scheduled a call for this timeslot next week. There's not that many partial or doesn't apply requirements. There are some requirements that only pertain to Relying Parties. It's good to have a way to identify that but it shouldn't take long once we get into the details.

Ken inquires if there's an estimated time for comments - Andrew assumes that the 8th and 22nd would be the meetings, complete by the end of the year or early new year.

Revision of Descriptive Text on SAC Update Review

Contract was signed 10-26, join effort between Ken Dagg and Richard Wilsher. Worked out a deliverable timeline with Ruth - first deliverable is a revision of the text, draft was delivered with comments due to Ruth on December 6.

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting

  • Date: Thursday, 2017-01-12
  • Time: 12:00 PT | 15:00 ET
  • Time: 12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT
  • United States Toll +1 (805) 309-2350
  • Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
    Skype: +99051000000481
    • Conference ID: 613-2898
  • International Dial-In Numbers

 

  • No labels