Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference
Meeting Minutes - IAWG approved on IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-10-20
Date and Time
- Date: Thursday, 2016-10-06
- Time: 12:00 PST | 15:00 EST
- Dial-in Details
- Skype: +99051000000481
- US Dial-In: +1-805-309-2350
- Conference ID: 613-2898
- Review of NISTIR 8149: developing trust frameworks
- Planning for NIST SP 800-63-3 alignment
- Update on IDESG Mapping Subgroup
Link to IAWG Roster
As of 2015-11-05, quorum is 5 of 9
Meeting achieved quorum
- Andrew Hughes
- Russ Weiser
- Scott Shorter
- Lee Aber
- Tom Smedinghoff
- Colin Wallis
- Ken Dagg
- Adam Madlin
Notes & Minutes
Motion to approve minutes of 2016-09-08 : Andrew Hughes
Discussion: Scott will update 2016-09-22
Motion Carried | Carried with amendments | Defeated
Director's Corner Link
- Kantara non-profit status approved by IRS!
- Colin mentioned potential work with the Estonian e-residency program
- Personal Data Conference, Consent Tech, Digital Catapult
ASSURANCE PROGRAM Updates
- ARB is reviewing two ACR reports for CSPs, there are upcoming ACR reports coming in for assessors and for CSPs
Leadership Council Updates
- Hearing updates from the other working groups - wiki LC space has a blog where WGs submit updates of what they are up to.
- Consent receipt specification is nearing version 1 ballot - recording that a person has given consent to data collection and the specified purpose, personal data ecosystem
- Blockchain / smart contracts discussion group is getting writing on report on state of play in blockchain in identity / data / personal autonomy, may create WGs and DGs to write protocols and guidance
Review of NISTIR 8149: developing trust frameworks
NIST has produced NISTIR 8149 with a short comment period, ending on november 1st. Andrew believes that KI should produce a formal comment, maybe not specific detailed comments. KI should comment as an organization, maybe the ARB, but detailed commentary about specific clauses and wording, unless it's very significant we might choose to have individual companies make their comments directly.
IAWG members will review the document and provide comments to Scott who will send a comment form. During October IAWG meeting we will aim to review the comments and indicate the number of IAWG members that support the comments, to indicate to NIST how much support for the comments there are. In addition there will be an overall Kantara comment submitted by KI, approved by IAWG and ARB.
Planning for NIST SP 800-63-3 alignment
Open discussion of the question of whether the IAF needs to be updated to reflect 800-63-3.
Action Item for Andrew to ask whether NIST has a mapping from -2 to -3 at whatever level of granularity they can manage. When the first draft of -3 comes out it should probably have a coverage map or traceability matrix.
Ken from Experian expresses the opinion that the new requirements have increased the friction.
Action Item to follow up about the market review committee referenced by Christine.
Is there other work that needs to be done in preparation for the alignment effort? Do we start based on the initial public draft?
Update on IDESG Mapping Subgroup
Organizations that are interested in obtaining IDEF listing, they may be interested in the process of mapping the Kantara IAF to the IDESG Identity Ecosystem Framework. Please notify Ruth if you are interested in participating.
- Date: Thursday, yyyy-mm-dd
- Time: 12:00 PT | 15:00 ET
- Time: 12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT
- United States Toll +1 (805) 309-2350
- Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
- Conference ID: 613-2898
- International Dial-In Numbers