Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

 

DRAFT Meeting Minutes - IAWG approval required

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes Approval:
      1. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-05-19
      2. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Notes 2016-05-05
      3. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-04-21
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Organization Updates - Director's Corner
    6. Staff reports and updates
    7. LC reports and updates
    8. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion 
    1. Status of statement of requirements for IAF restructure project
    2. Ballot for SAC 4.6.0
    3. Update on DIACC framework from Andrew
    4. Relying Party Requirements - next steps
    5. Privacy Criteria - review of Canadian PIA model: https://www.priv.gc.ca/resource/fs-fi/02_05_d_33_e.asp
  3. AOB

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2015-11-05, quorum is 5 of 9

 

Meeting did achieve quorum

 

 

Voting

  • Ken Dagg (C)
  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Russ Wiser
  • Paul Caskey
  • Richard Wilshire

Non-Voting

  •  Christine Abruzzi

Staff

  •  Colin Wallis

Apologies

  • Ruth Puente

 

 

 

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

  1. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-05-19
  2. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Notes 2016-05-05
  3. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-04-21

Motion to approve listed minutes: Andrew moves to approve 2016-04-21 minutes, noting that 2016-05-05 and 2016-05-19 were not quorate meetings and thus do not require approvals.

Seconded: Russ Weiser
Discussion: none
Motion Carried 

Action Item Review

  •  

Staff Updates

  • Digital ID Pro Association Pledge
    • Going very well
    • Over 200 so far
  • Cloud ID Summit next week
    • Kantara Summit on Monday
    • Jamie Clark intends to present on the IAF analysis work that IDESG is undertaking
  • IDESG TFTM Committee - undertaking a mapping from IDESG IDEF to Kantara IAF
    • Work is underway by Scott David
    • The current versions are on the TFTM Mail Archive
    • Colin will provide a very brief overview of the documents and their purpose

Discussion

  • Statement of Requirements status update
    • LC has approved it to go forward to the Board for creation of a Request for Proposals
  • SAC v4.6.0 is being prepared for all member ballot
  • DIACC Trust Framework update
    • Andrew gave an update of the status of the DIACC Pan-Canadian Trust Framework
      • It will be presented to the DIACC Members at their AGM June 14 and may become more widely available in the Fall
  • Relying Party Requirements 
    • Ken described current thoughts about launching a new DG or WG to gather requirements from RPs
    • This might be helpful especially if OMB/NIST update M-04-04 and 800-63-3
    • RPs might not want to go down the standardization path - it might be viewed as overhead and not worthwhile
    • It may be difficult to establish a conformance program for RPs - will it generate revenue?
    • It might be more worthwhile to map frameworks for cross-recognition and enable re-use
    • Must decide on what value it delivers to RPs
      • ACTION: Andrew to explore this value proposition question a bit
  • Privacy Criteria
    • There are many examples of privacy impact assessment methods and requirements
    • Proposed approach: the IAF could specify that a PIA is required and that it should cover concerns that are specified in the IAF
    • Ken recommends reading the PIA links provided in the Agenda for an idea of how this is done in 

AOB

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting

  • Date: Thursday, 2016-06-16
  • Time: 12:00 PT | 15:00 ET
  • Time: 12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT
  • United States Toll +1 (805) 309-2350
  • Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
    Skype: +99051000000481
    • Conference ID: 613-2898
  • International Dial-In Numbers

 

  • No labels