Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

 

 

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes approval: 
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Staff reports and updates
    6. Assurance Review Board (ARB) and Leadership Council (LC) reports and updates
    7. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1.  Discussion of the future form of the SAC
    2. NIST RFC response, review and thanks to participants
  3. AOB
    1.  
  4. Adjourn

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2015-01-22, quorum is 6 of 11

 

Meeting achieved quorum

 

 

Voting

  • Ken Dagg (C)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Rich Furr
  • Cathy Tilton
  • Devin Kusek
  • Adam Madlin
  • Peter Alterman

Non-Voting

  • Björn Sjoholm
  • Angela Rey
  • Steve Skordinski

Staff

  •  Joni Brennan

Regrets

  • None

 

 

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

Motion to approve minutes of 2015-03-26, 2015-04-09, 2015-04-16, 2015-04-23, 2015-04-30, 2015-05-07, 2015-05-14:  Cathy Tilton 
Seconded: Rich Furr
Discussion: None
Motion Carried 

 

Staff Updates

Joni reported on the European identity conference workshop which had good participation. EIC has different reference for what a trust framework is. Potential for IAWG and UMA to discuss evolution and development of trust frameworks for commercial vs government sector use.  

Two workshops at the IRM conference, second at identity summits that forge rock is producing.

 

Membership is growing, interest in assurance program is growing, so that is positive.

Leadership Council (LC) Updates
  •  ARB is reviewing applications of new CSPs. Leadership council from IRM has a deck of slides describing “what is IRM” which is helpful to clarify. HIAWG is working on their deliverables. UMA had a workshop, Saturday well attended and appreciated.
Participant updates

Discussion

Discussion of the RFC. 

Ken suggests that NIST publish responses and discuss their disposition.

Ken asks if we can offer to facilitate industry engagement, Joni agrees that we should make that offer.

Discussion of SAC format: what about publication as a spreadsheet to do mappings and created checklists. Sounds like some agreement that the spreadsheet.

Joni asked Björn and Scott if the assessor organizations want to validate the effort.

Ken offered to move it to a spreadsheet, with an accompanying document.

Scott suggests reaching out to RGW to request the latest 4.0bis version of the IAF.

Ken asks about the meeting schedule, should we move to a biweekly schedule again? Devin Kusek recommends that biweekly would be okay with that.

Cathy moves that we switch the schedule to biweekly meetings. Next meeting will be June 4th. May 28 reminder that we aren't meeting.

 

AOB

 

Carry-forward Items

 

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting