Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes approval: DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2015-01-15
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Staff reports and updates
    6. Leadership Council reports and updates
    7. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. Review of the tasks as defined in the attached mind map
    2. Review of face to face opportunities
  3. AOB
    1.  
  4. Adjourn

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

After not achieving 8 of 14 quorum, the group reviewed the IAWG Roster and determined that Dragan Pendić and Ann West should be removed from the voting list per Kantara policies for non-attendance since August 2014 at least.  Andrew Hughes also notified the group that Bill Braithwaite will be unavailable to attend for a number of months, so he will also be placed on non voting status. These changes do not affect their eligibility to participate, and they may return to voting status by  notifying the IAWG Chair of their interest.

As of 2015-01-22, quorum is 6 of 11

Use the Info box below to record the meeting quorum status

Meeting achieved quorum

Voting

  • Ken Dagg (C)
  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Lee Aber
  • Devin Kusek
  • Adam Madlin
  • Richard Wilsher

Non-Voting

  • Angela Rey
  • Pete Palmer
  • Peter Alterman

Staff

  •  Joni Brennan

Regrets

  • None

 

 

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

IAWG Meeting Notes 2015-01-15

Motion to approve minutes of 2015-01-15: NO MOTION
Seconded: 
Discussion: 

Action Item Review

See the Action Items Log wiki page

Scott and Andrew to meet to discuss status and use of AI

Staff Updates

  • Joni will be representing Kantara at the  International Identity Summit January 29 Mexico - 8 Governments attending. Interoperability between national hubs. Modularization, globalization topics. 
  • Joni thus can't attend IDESG.
    • Q: Who can be a Kantara representative at IDESG?  (no response on the call)
  • Working on a large number of submissions for summit and event planning
    • RSA - Summit on the care and feeding of human device relationships, Eve Mahler and Ian Glazer
    • RSA social event, with IEEE, Experian, ForgeRock, Internet Society
    • RSA peer to peer sessions involve crowdsourcing, Kantara may be resubmitting previous works to that.
    • UMA is planning a release to the timeframe of RSA conference
    • Other activity planned is for the EIC European Identity Cloud conference. Last year's event was 60+ people.  CA technologies has provided a space for a Kantara EU plenary. RSVP will be going out soon.
    • Health information MMS HIMMS conference in Chicago
      • Breakfast event
      • UMA demo and access management for the future
    • Future submissions involve workshop around identity relationship management summit and NIST cloud identity summit
    • Get your comments in now for UMA candidate specification
    • IDOT and IRM working groups are also moving forward
    • We expect a Request For Information (RFI) for comments on 800-63-2 and potentially OMB-04-04 and OMB-11-11.
      • Kantara is very interested in this response
Leadership Council (LC) Updates
  • Ken Dagg: No LC meeting this week, nothing to report.
  • Joni Brennan: UMA updates, operating procedures and bylaws changes in the scope of the LC, they will meet to discuss next week. By the next IAWG there may be updates.
  • Pete Palmer notes that he plans to attend LC and IAWG meetings, will be glad to provide LC reports in the future.
Tweet Worthy Items

Discussion

Discussion of the Mind Map Tasks

Ken Dagg requests additional input and review of the tasks described in the mind map.

Richard Wilsher (RGW) notes that there was some discussion of prioritization or optimization from last week's meeting.

Andrew Hughes responds that there were minor tweaks but nothing serious.

RGW is concerned that there is a lot on the page, hence the prior comment about prioritization.  Would there be merit in asking the members on the call to identify the top five or six items in the list.  Send them to RGW for consolidation?

Angela Ray responds that prioritizing is a necessity for the big list, getting to a handful of objectives to get meaningful forward motion. Angela's area is not everyone's area of priority.

Ken Dagg replies that is the essence of the procedure described by RGW.  Ken likes the idea and appreciates RGW's volunteering, but he thinks it is incumbent on the leadership team to undertake the tasking.  Ken requests people to send their top three items to Andrew Hughes for discussion next week. If there are tasks missing, please add them and make them a priority.

RGW points out that enough priority selections must be submitted for good coverage of the form.

Action Item for leadership to send out the criteria that came out of last week's meeting, please indicate five items from the list that was put out, if you need further clarification please email Andrew, when sending priority list indicate if it is a +1 or a 0 against the criteria.  Spreadsheet with row sheet and columns. Scott to send Ken a draft tomorrow morning?

Ken asks for additional list items, no response.

Discussion of the Face to Face Opportunity

Andrew asks who is going to be at EIC in Munich, HIMMS Chicago, RSA San Francisco?

Andrew is considering RSA.

AI: Leadership group will work with Joni to determine how to facilitate a face to face IAWG meeting

AOB

Q: Is there a meeting next week?  

A: Adam, Joni and Andrew won't be in attendance. Peter Alterman won't be there.  No meeting.IAWG 2015 Planning MindMap

Carry-forward Items

 

Attachments

 

Next Meeting