Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

 

IAWG Approval 2014-05-22

 

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes approval: IAWG Meeting Minutes 2014-05-08
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Staff reports and updates
    6. LC reports and updates
    7. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. Status update on FICAM IAF mapping
  3. AOB
    1.  Discussion on Assurance as related to Attributes
  4. Adjourn

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2014 May 6, quorum is 7 of 11

 

Meeting achieved quorum

Voting

  • Rich Furr (C )
  • Paul Calatayud (V-C)
  • Andrew Hughes (S)
  • Scott Shorter
  • Cathy Tilton
  • Ken Meyers
  • Adam Madlin (Symantec)

Non-Voting

  • Susan Schreiner (MITRE)
  • Ken Dagg

Staff

  •  Marissa Jadrosich

Regrets

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

IAWG Meeting Minutes 2014-05-08

Motion to approve minutes of 2014-05-08: Shorter
Seconded: Hughes
Discussion: None
Motion Carried

Action Item Review

n/a

Staff Updates

LC Updates
  •  Call was cancelled
Participant updates

Discussion

Updates on the "Core Profile" work - Furr

  • Has sent to a small team for early review, waiting for comments - will get this to IAWG for review
  • A different team is working on US-FICAM and non-US profiles

NIST CSD - Draft SP800-160 "Systems Security Engineering" has been released for comment- Scott

  • High quality document, worth reading for comments to NIST
  • Probably a good candidate for Kantara formal response

Andrew raised the topic of 'Attribute LOA' for general discussion

  • FICAM is requiring some attribute bundles in the ATOS process
  • FICAM is looking to Kantara to address certain aspects such as Refresh
  • Ken - Allan Foster was chairing the Attributes WG but has gone defunct - due to fuzzy focus for the WG
  • Ken - the linkage between the person and past addresses does need an LOA
  • Susan (MITRE) - lots of interest in Attribute Assurance - more related to ID Assurance from attributes
    • They are looking in the area of what calculated assurance levels are available based on the specific attributes available for consideration
  • Adam - NIST is planning to do an attributes workshop - session is planned at June IDESG Plenary
  • Rich - what should we recommend to ARB as an action? Spin up a subgroup? Reactivate the WG?
  • Adam - determine how to collaborate with other groups
  • ACTION: Chair to take the question to LC: Given the interest and importance of Attributes to Kantara, FICAM and other TFPs, should the Attributes WG be revived? a subgroup of IAWG formed? (Verification, refresh, other characteristics)?
  • ACTION: IAWG to post thoughts to list to prepare Rich to take to LC
  • Adam is under the impression that FICAM is waiting for feedback from Kantara on the Attributes question

 

Andrew moves to adjourn, Scott seconds.

AOB

 

Carry-forward Items

 

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting