Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

 

Meeting Minutes - IAWG approval on September 26, 2013

 

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes approval: IAWG Meeting Minutes 2013-09-12
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Staff reports and updates
    6. LC reports and updates
    7. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. Charter Refresh Finalization (continuation)
    2. Glossary Update - Comments and Feedback
    3. Resilient Networks sub-group status update
    4. 800-63 - IAF SAC Mapping work - status and target dates
    5. Status update on plans for 'plain language' IAF
  3. AOB
    1.  How do we want to record interpretation?
  4. Adjourn

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 1 July 2013, quorum is 5 of 9

 

Meeting was quorate

 

Voting

  • Myisha Frazier-McElveen (C) 
  • Andrew Hughes (S)
  • Matt Thompson
  • Scott Shorter
  • Rich Furr (V-C)

Non-Voting

  •  Ken Dagg

Staff

  •  Joni Brennan

Apologies

  • Richard Wilsher

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

IAWG Meeting Minutes 2013-09-12

Motion to approve minutes of 2013/9/12: Rich Furr
Seconded: Matt Thompson
Discussion: None
Motion Passed 

Action Item Review

See running table below

Staff Updates

LC Updates
  •  None this cycle
Participant updates

Discussion

Charter Refresh
  • Email comments from Richard Wilsher, Rich Furr 
  • Discussed how to add references to "Privacy" aspects in the doc
  • Discussion about "Proposers" section - the initial ones are important (since this is not a group re-formation, but a charter refresh)
    • ACTION: Refer to LC for discussion: do we want brand new proposers every revision? a record of the Chair/Vice at the time of the revision? or other?
  • Discussed Richard Wilsher's comment about deleting the 'out of scope' section
    • the specific items are valuable for clarity
  • Discussed Leadership section - should there be two vice chairs? 
    • Ideally yes - tech and policy - but hard to fill the roles. 
    • Might want to represent the Stakeholder types (CSP, IDP, RP, etc) specifically
Glossary Update Feedback
  • call for comments is on the list
  • Please submit comments for discussion on next week's call
Resilient Networks Sub-Group Status
  • Kantara is part of the Resilient Networks NSTIC Pilot Grant to develop criteria for the Resilient Trust Network
  • Their Trust Framework is similar but different from the FICAM model
    • Need to understand the gaps
  • A Resilient Networks expert has been assigned and learning the IAF
  • Will be a sub-team of IAWG
  • The work will come back into the IAWG for incorporation
800-63-2 -> IAF Mapping Status
  • No timeline information at this time

AOB

How to document 'interpretation' of IAF items
  • There is a range of options for dealing with 'interpretation' or 'guidance' or 'bulletins'
  • The final disposition of almost all guidance should end up in the IAF 
    • Suggestion made for an 'FAQ' structure to capture mid-cycle guidance
  • ACTION: submit discussion list item to Ticket system for formal disposition

Action Items

Item #DescriptionAssigned toEst. CompletionStatus
2013-06-06-005

IAWG-NIST F2F in DC area to discuss approach and feedback on 800-63 v IAF analysis approach

(2013-Aug-1): Comment that perhaps ICAM should be invited as well.

Staff / IAWG LeadsTBDNot started
2013-06-13-001

Chair to discuss with Exec. Director the need for a Content Management System analysis and potential tool for IAF/SAC & funding options

  • (2013-Jun-20): Discussion occurred; vision has been always to have a CMS - possibly a database with online self-serve document generation capability (in whichever output format is needed); team will be needed to draw up a wireframe and requirements for a custom developed tool
  • (2013-Jun-27): Call for lead is required. Myisha to send a call to list for volunteer lead.
  • (2013-Aug-29): Call for lead has been put to the Quarterly Status report - will be distributed from there
  • (2013-Sep-12): No progress
Myisha Frasier-McElveenSeptember 2013In progress
2013-06-13-002

Glossary updates underway. Next draft should be available in 4 weeks

  • (11July2013): Defer item to future meeting
  • (1Aug2013): No comments on new additions received yet - reminder sent to sub-group.
  • (29Aug2013): Working through comments now. Aiming for distribution prior to next call.
  • (5Sep2013): A few comments remain outstanding.
  • (12Sep2013): Glossary draft has been distributed for IAWG comments and feedback.
  • (19Sep2013): Repeated call for comments. Finalization of draft text scheduled for next call.
Ken Dagg

Updated:26 Sept 2013

In Progress
2013-08-1-002

Forward Ticket items that have been resolved to correct lists for next action.

  • (29Aug2013): Sent request to Staff to clarify process.
  • (12Sep2013): Staff to discuss process for updates internally.
Andrew Hughes8 August 2013In Progress
2013-09-12-001

Charter redraft work item

  • (12Sep2013): Andrew to continue to update draft charter text based on comments and feedback from IAWG participants
  • (19Sep2013): This round complete.
Andrew Hughes19 September 2013CLOSED
2013-09-12-002

Status update on Resilient Networks work item

  • (12Sep2013): Waiting for information
  • (19Sep2013): See meeting minutes. Closed.
Myisha Frasier-McElveen19 September 2013CLOSED
2013-09-19-001

Refer to LC for discussion:

  •  Discussion about "Proposers" section - the initial ones are important (since this is not a group re-formation, but a charter refresh)
  • Refer to LC for discussion: do we want brand new proposers every revision? a record of the Chair/Vice at the time of the revision? or other?
Myisha Frasier-McElveen25 September 2013In Progress
2013-09-19Submit discussion thread about interpretation of credential "disable" term to the Ticket system for formal disposition.Andrew Hughes26 September 2013In Progress

 

Recently Closed Action Items

Item #DescriptionAssigned toEst. CompletionStatus
     

 

 

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting

 

  • No labels