Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

 

DRAFT Meeting Minutes - IAWG approval required

Date and Time

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes Approval: 
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Organization Updates - Director's Corner
    6. Staff reports and updates
    7. LC reports and updates
    8. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. Privacy enhanced web broker white paper comments  (Andrew)
    2. Approve final  IAF-5463 and IAF-5415 editor's notes  (RGW)
    3. IAF-1401, Service Assessment Criteria in spreadsheet form  (Ken)
    4. IDESG Baseline Requirements  (Scott)
    5. Wiki update (Ruth)
  3. AOB
    1.  
  4. Adjourn

 Attendees

Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2015-11-05, quorum is 5 of 9

 

Meeting did achieve quorum

Voting

  • Ken Dagg (C )
  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Adam Madlin
  • Paul Caskey
  • Richard Wilsher

Non-Voting

  • Christine Abruzzi
  • Colin Wallis

Staff

  • Ruth Puente 

Apologies

  • None

Notes & Minutes

Administration 

Minutes Approval

Motion to approve minutes of 2015-12-03: Madlin
Seconded: Hughes
Discussion: None
Motion Carried 

Staff Updates

Organization Updates
  • Joni Brennan has resigned as Executive Director. Process to find a replacement is under way in the Board.
  • The process to incorporate Kantara as a non-profit 501 (c ) 6 is under way.
LC Updates
  • LC is recommending to the Board of Trustees that to resolve the multiple-IPR scheme conflicts problem, that Kantara should move towards a 'contribution agreement' model
  • Funding requests: the IAWG request has passed the LC and is with the Board
Participant updates
  • none at this time 

Discussion

  • Comments on NIST Privacy-Enhanced Identity Broker
    • Andrew discussed the contributions
    • The general view appears to be that introduction of any intermediary such as an identity broker is in itself a risk. 
    • Andrew to draft the comment and forward it via staff
  • IAF-5463 and IAF-5415 editor's notes - Richard Wilsher
    • Minor comments on the text provided by Richard
    • They will be incorporated, and forwarded to LC and Staff 
  • Discussion on Excel version of the SAC
    • Discussion on the urgency or lack of urgency on publication of this version
    • Observation made that a sequence number has little value at this point, but rather that the tag structure should be modified to indicate ordering of the SAC items
    • Discussion on whether the Excel version is intended to become the Authoritative version of the SAC, or if it is a tool
    • ACTION: Ken to include sequence numbers and if confirmed by IAWG, then take to Joint Trust Framework group for feedback.
      • ACTION: Put the question to the Trust Framework joint group: What form and format of the IAF-SAC works best for the Subscribers?
  • IDESG Baseline requirements
    • IDESG has published v1 of the Identity Ecosystem Framework requirements
    • IDESG has a work item on the books to do a coverage analysis existing trust frameworks
      • Time frame is up to a year to examine 2-4 frameworks and to develop an approach to map
      • To devise a plan 
    • IDESG will need help to do this exercise
    • How should Kantara engage?
    • ACTION: Andrew to invite IDESG to present to IAWG on the IDEF Requirements in January
  • IAWG Wiki update
    • Ruth reports that progress is good, will be ready for viewing soon

AOB

Attachments

 

 

Next Meeting