Voting participants: Mark Hapner; Martin Smith; Ken Dagg; Richard Wilsher; Tom Jones
Non-voting participants: Mark King; Pradheep Sampath, Andrew Hughes
Staff: Colin Wallis, Ruth Puente
Quorum: As of 2019-12-19, quorum is 3 of 5. There was quorum
c. Action Item Review: action item list
d. Minutes approval 2020-07-30 DRAFT Minutes
e. Staff reports and updates - Director's Corner and Keeping up with the Kantarians
f. LC reports and updates
g. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews)
a. Approve 63B_SAC at AAL3
b. Approve Kantara comments on how SP 800-63-3 could be revised for NIST’s consideration in developing Revision 4
c. Approve the revised Glossary & Overview
d. Review and Comment on PCTF Assessment & Infrastructure Draft Recommendations
2020-07-30 Minutes were approved by motion. Moved: Mark Hapner Seconded: Richard Wilsher. Unanimous Approval.
- Colin presented the July's Director Corner
- LC Update: eGov WG and OTTO WG will self shutdown.
Approve 63B_SAC at AAL3
Motion to approve the AAL3: IAWG to approve the AAL3 criteria as presented. Moved: Mark Hapner. Seconded: Martin Smith. Unanimous Approval.
- The xAL3 SACs will go as a package for 45-day Public Comment and IPR Review. The notice will be released tomorrow.
- Tom Jones made a comment on the criterion 63B §4, it seems to say you cannot have IAL3 without AAL2 and he believes that wasn't the intent of 63-3. He suggested to re-write it as "THE CSP SHALL assure that the authenticator will not report an AAL higher than the IAL". It was agreed to address this comment on the 45-day Disposition of Comments. Also, it was agreed to provide input to NIST for Rev.4 on that criterion.
Kantara comments on how SP 800-63-3 could be revised for NIST’s consideration in developing Revision 4
- Ken walked the group through the comments and suggestions that have been received to date. See: Kantara Comments for Rev.4
- Andrew shared more comments which Ken will add to the Kantara input to NIST, see Kantara Initiative Mail - [WG-IDAssurance] 800-63-3 comments.pdf
- Ken will add to the submission a cover letter explaining how the Kantara generated the comments (based on line numbers etc).
- He plans to submit the comments to NIST during the weekend as the deadline is Monday, August 10.
- The group agreed on the comments provided to date and asked Ken to add Andrew's comments and the one about 63B §4.
Review and approve the Revised Glossary & Overview
- The Glossary approval was deferred for next week.
DIACC Request for Comment and IPR Review: PCTF Assessment & Infrastructure Draft Recommendations
- Ken said that depending on the progress we make with the urgent items, the group would be able to generate comments, but it may be difficult to meet the 20th deadline.
- Link to DIACC request for comments: https://diacc.ca/2020/07/20/assessment-infrastructure-technology-operations-draft-recommendations/