Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

Voting participants: Ken Dagg; Richard Wilsher; Mark Hapner; JJ Harkema

Non-voting participants: 

Staff: Colin Wallis, Ruth Puente

Quorum: 4 of 7. There was quorum.

Agenda

  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation

    3. Minutes approval 2019-02-28 DRAFT Minutes and 2019-03-07 DRAFT Meeting Notes
    4. Action Item Review: action item list
    5. Staff reports and updates -  Director´s Corner and Keeping up with Kantara April 2019 
    6. LC reports and updates
    7. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion

a. Review and Approve the revised IAF Overview and Glossary - KIAF 1050

b. Socialize the notion of FIPS 201 

c. Upcoming Vice-Chair Elections 

d. Criteria Guidance (Any participant suggestions for adding or enhancing guidance for understanding assessment criteria)

     3. Any Other Business

Minutes Approval

2019-02-28 DRAFT Minutes and 2019-03-07 DRAFT Meeting Notes were approved by Motion. Moved: JJ Harkema Seconded: Mark Hapner. Unanimous approval. 

Updates

-IAWG: Scott Shorter resigned as Vice-Chair due to his new job at IBM, therefore there will be Elections for the Vice-Chair position shortly. 

-Consent Receipt: ISO SC27 meetings in Tel Aviv – the summary of the Consent Receipt structure was submitted to be an annex of ISO29184 (Online Privacy Notices and Consent), it was accepted in principle, which is great news as it will be part of an international standard. Additionally, the ISO WG requested a new Study Period to start investigating the feasibility of an international standard for consent record and receipt, which could look very similar to the Kantara consent receipt spec. 

-UMA: UMA's development is gaining great attention within the community. IETF 105 is scheduled for Canada in August - another attempt to get UMA accepted for Standards track. 

Approval of IAF Overview and Glossary - KIAF 1050

  • KIAF 1050 was approved by Motion. Moved: Richard Wilsher  Seconded: JJ Harkema. Unanimous approval. 
  • Richard said that a note should be added indicating that the glossary is scoped only for the content of this document, not a full glossary, it will be updated when other terms are incorporated. The idea is that the Ken and Richard keep updating and refining the terms of the old Glossary. 
  • Next steps: LC confirmation; Public Comment and IPR Review; All Member Ballot. 
  • Once the document gets the final approvals, it will be version 1.0. 

Socialize the notion of FIPS 201 

  • It was said that IAWG, CSPs and Assessors should be aware of FIPS 201: https://www.idmanagement.gov/want-to/sell/fips201/
  • Ken will send a note to the IAWG, informing that there have been changes to these documents and encourage CSPs to review their systems to ensure that they remain complaint. 

Upcoming Vice-Chair Elections 

  • Ken commented that there will be a Nominations period shortly.

Criteria Guidance (Any participant suggestions for adding or enhancing guidance for understanding assessment criteria)

  • Richard commented there are outstanding recommendations to submit to NIST on 800-63-3. He would send the reports for IAWG review. 

Action items

  • Ken to add a clarification note to the KIAF 1050 in relation to the scope, send it to LC and prepare it for the Public Comment and IPR Review. 
  • Ken to send a note to the IAWG, informing that there have been changes to the FIPS documents and encourage CSPs to review their systems to ensure that they remain complaint. 
  • Richard to send to the IAWG the reports for NIST. 


  • No labels