Voting participants: Ken Dagg; Scott Shorter; Richard Wilsher; Mark Hapner; JJ Harkema
Non-voting participants: Roger Quint, Stuart Young.
Staff: Ruth Puente
Quorum: 4 of 7. There was quorum.
- Roll Call
- Agenda Confirmation
- Action Item Review: action item list
- Minutes Approval 2019-01-17 DRAFT Meeting Notes
- Staff reports and updates - Keep Up with Kantara January 2019 and Director´s Corner December 2018
- LC reports and updates
- Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
a. Proposed changes to the 63A criteria. Please see attachment and Richard Wilsher´s note below.
b. Kantara IAL2 implementation guidance docs: NIST 800-63-3 implementation guidance memos
3. Any Other Business
Approval of 2019-01-17 DRAFT Meeting Notes was postponed for the following meeting.
- Colin referenced Keep up with Kantara - January 2019 for the main updates.
- Colin highlighted the Kantara 10 years Anniversary. Richard asked if the 10year logo will also be applicable to Approved and Accredited logos. Colin answered that he will request Marketing to make those as well.
Proposed changes to the 63A criteria - IAF 1430
- Richard presented the revisions to IAF 1430.
- Motions on the Approval of IAF 1430 version 3.1:
a) To accept the wording as provided by Richard Wilsher
b) To agree that the proposed changes are non material and therefore can be released without review and comment process
c) Add a interpretative guidance column (interpretive guidance) .
- The motions a, b and c were approved.
- The IAWG also agreed to add guidance as a standing agenda item.
- Richard pointed out that as they are non material changes the version would remain 3.1 and if the next change is material would be version 3.2, otherwise it would be 3.1.1.
- It was agreed to track the changes by adding the summary of the changes in the document.
- Ask ARB if they want to send comments for the guidance.
Summary of the Approved Non-Material changes:
Adoption within the 63A criteria set certain 63B criteria which are twice-referenced from SP 800-63A for identity proofing purposes:
63A criteria introduced: 63A#1300 - '1380 inc.; 63A#2300 - '2380 inc.;
63A criteria amended (to now reference the above new criteria): #0380,
63A-T5-3#strg a) i) & ii), 63A-T5-3#supr a)
Clarification of applicability of some specific criteria to specific modes of proofing:
63A criteria amended: #0360, #0370, #0380
NIST 800-63-3 implementation guidance memos
- Scott commented that IAWG needs to submit the memos to NIST as IAWG recommendations.