Kantara is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization, and good practice.
Ensure secure, identity-based, online interactions while preventing misuse of personal information so that networks will become privacy protecting and more natively trustworthy environments.
* Accelerate marketplace adoption through clear messages, defined processes, and open community collaboration that brings vendors, deployers, individuals, and organizations together
* Bring together technical, business, legal, and policy experience to achieve holistic & trusted identity management solutions
* Establish an open and democratic governance model with no financial barrier to participation
* Implement an operational structure with nimble processes, procedures, and oversight, and a viable financial model
* Commit to open standards and encourage interoperable implementations from both the COTS product and open source development communities
* Foster positive dialogue across all relevant organizations to assure coordination, harmonization, and re-use of all applicable open content (specs, policy, etc.)
* Establish programs with strong branding for technical and operational output to promote interoperability, compliance and/or conformance