Welcome to the Directors corner.
This is the running update from the Kantara Initiative Executive Director's office for June 2013 activities. Have questions or comments? Suggest some added information or edits? Contact the ED (Kantara Initiative Staff).
- OECD-ITAC: In week of June 10 Kantara networked with varying members of the OECD ITAC as part of their F2F meeting. A number of topics were discussed. Kantara is a member of the ITAC group. Current the plan is to move the reports from OECD ITAC meetings to the Board of Trustees Liaison Sub Committee (BoT-LSC). Those interested in participating or learning more should sign up to the BoT-LSC via the wiki home page details.
- NSTIC Resilient Network: Recently Kantara Board moved forward with the early planning of it's role with in the Resilient Network Trust program pilot as part of NSTIC pilot grants. Kantara Initiative will provide stakeholder coordination among assessors, providers and relying parties to facilitate joint development of a deliverable that consists of Service Assessment Criteria to assess actors for Trustworthiness with in the Resilient Trust Network. All contributions, work output and deliverables related to the Kantara specific activity will be owned by Kantara Initiative and be subject to Kantara Initiative, governance and Intellectual Property Rights Policy.
- If you are interested to learn more about this activity please contact the ED.
- Spotlights: In the week of June 10 Kantara put the spotlight on member TroopID, their unique service and why they joined Kantara Initiative. We seek to highlight a new member each month.
- If you would like your organization to be highlighted please contact the ED.
- WG/DG Status Updates: The LC has decided to change the format of the quarterly reports from a very administrative report to a more highlight and marketing type of report where each WG / DG can highlight their latest accomplishments or challenge points. These reports are used as one way to gauge the activity of a group so the LC may determine if a group needs help or needs to be shut down etc. The new format should enable the reports to be used in a more marketing type activity. The goal is to make the reports more valuable, useful and more fun as well.
- Event Planning Radar: An Event Radar page has been created to track events where Kantara should put its energy and resources toward participation. Please note this page tactical and to be used to determine where we put our resources. Members can add events for consideration of Kantara participation by editing the page (using their wiki credential) or contacting staff @ kantarainitiative.org. There is also a community calendar that lists group meetings as well as any, and all, events that touch the IdM/IAM spaces. The community and meeting calendar is not tactical but informational.
- Kantara Initiative is seeking to partner to plan a collaborative event around the RSA EU event this year in Amsterdam - October 29-31.