[WG-P3] Draft - P3WG Meeting Minutes 2010-10-07
mark at smartspecies.com
Fri Oct 8 05:59:31 EDT 2010
Draft - P3WG Meeting Minutes 2010-10-07
1. Roll call - Quorum Achieved - Last minutes 23-09-2010 Approved
2. Action Item updates
a. P3wg outreach to corporate CPOs (Anna S)
- IAPP - Anna-S meeting with Jeff and IAPP - Exec - Would like to get
more privacy professionals involved in P3 - a session opportunity to
speak at the IAPP in March but needs 150 words for tomorrow (Oct 8).
Also a chance for newsletters articles on P3, great forum for us to be
Jeff email around for people to see if we have objections before
agreeing that we will submit this tomorrow after we have had a chance
to add input after this meeting. We need to identify speakers and
b. Posting of Anna S’ statement on wiki home page - Completed
4. 2011 Budget requests - ACTIONS -
- Funding needed to Run a Work Shop - through IAPP - Anna
- Funding needed for travel. (historically Kantara does not sponsor
travel) but P3 as a policy output group has a case to make case for
funding - Mark
- Privacy Summit - Abbie - Along with impact of coming regulation
5. KI F2F meeting in Paris 19-21 OCT
- Next week meetings is 4 hours earlier, question if we should have
regular meeting at this time, people generally agreed that we should.
- Mark to start Agenda discussion on the list for F2F
6. Privacy news updates
a. UN Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Future of Privacy
- IGF - was discussed last week.
- OECD - Christine is sitting on the panel and will have 5 minutes in
front of the microphone.At OECD . - submit points to the list, -
- ITAC - document is listed in previous email by Christine
- Agreed in call to send talking points to the list, continue existing
thread and achieve consensus on input
7. (AD-HOC - ITEM) - WG Liaison - whole group discussed different
ways to interact with privacy.
- WG - Intersections and subsets, plenary session,
- We need an overview of where other groups are
- Suggest an Audit of WG.
- Presentations by WG at the P3.
- Jeff was going to ask Eve from UMA to present to WG.
- Trent suggest bringing this up with the Leader ship council . There
is existing presentations currently from WG to the LC where all are
welcome to listen in.
- Trent agreed to put in on the agenda.
Action Mark - Make list of issues approaches needed for P3 and send to
b. Outreach to Global Privacy Enforcement Network (GPEN)
c. MIT Privacy Conference update
- Submit Position Papers by Nov 5. - Susan is submitting paper
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WG-P3