[Wg-infosharing] Attitudes towards use of personal information online : Qualitative research report
richard at foxworthy.name
Thu Oct 29 02:37:44 EDT 2009
A recent report from the Australian Communications and Media Authority may
be of interest to some of you - presents qualitative research into
Australian attitudes and behaviours around personal information online.
- There is some degree of passivity and acceptance that breaches of
privacy will inevitably occur as people engage in broader spectrum of online
- There is relatively high confidence in understandiong of the risks and
ablilty to mitigate these
- There are several areas identified where risk perception and mitigation
- Location aware browsers and devices
- biometrics poorly understood and little used
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Wg-infosharing