[KI-LC] Quick reminder of outstanding action items
kantara at bobpinheiro.com
Mon Dec 20 13:39:45 EST 2010
This action item may be response to an offhand comment I made during an
LC meeting. The comment was that, since the Kantara F2F meetings are
held in locations that some of us may find difficult to attend because
of budgetary constraints, it might be useful for Kantara to investigate
holding some form of virtual meetings in instead of F2F meetings. It
was not intended to replace the usual WG conference calls with some
other type of virtual meeting.
On the other hand, this may refer to something entirely different. But
if not, then the consensus of the LC seemed to be that replacing a
Kantara F2F meeting with a virtual meeting would probably not be
feasible, but investigating better ways to include virtual participants
in a smaller, F2F WG meeting might be something to look into. So this
may be worthwhile to investigate if there are active WGs that hold F2F
meetings and have a problem with participants who can't physically
attend but would like to virtually attend.
On 12/20/2010 12:49 PM, Eve Maler wrote:
> Thanks for the report!
> Regarding AI 2010-10-19-5, which I "accidentally took" in the last
> call :-), I could actually use some guidance as to what was envisioned
> regarding "virtualized meetings". In the InfoSharing group, we use
> GoToMeeting to pretty good effect; I believe Joe Andrieu sponsors it
> for the group. In the UMA group, we've been using openetherpad.com
> <http://openetherpad.com> to great effect, but it's dicey to count on
> this site, as we learned this week when they forgot to renew their
> domain name -- the site is /still/ down after a few days! Perhaps
> setting up our own etherpad server might be productive?...and then we
> could properly (through logins) restrict participation in those forums
> to people who have signed the IPR agreement, vs. doing it "by eye".
> On 20 Dec 2010, at 1:33 AM, Anna Ticktin wrote:
>> Hello Eve—
>> I can report that staff is currently working closely with our tech
>> specialist on ways to improve communication and functionality of the
>> wiki/confluence for the purposes of cross-group reporting (action
>> item 2010-10-19-02). So Trent's action is being "progressed." I will
>> update you further in the new year.
>> —> Anna Ticktin
>> Technical Program Coordinator
>> anna at kantarainitiative.org <mailto:anna at kantarainitiative.org>
>> anna at ieee-isto.org <mailto:anna at ieee-isto.org>
>> On Dec 19, 2010, at 5:46 PM, Eve Maler wrote:
>>> A few folks took "meta-AIs" in the last meeting, to check out the
>>> status of longstanding AIs. If there is news, sharing it on this
>>> mailing list may free up time on the call for other things... AIs
>>> are summarized here:
>>> Yr. humble sec'y
>>> Action Item Assigned To Status Description Comments
>>> Trent Open Send Suzuki an update on marketing activities to date
>>> and forward-looking notes.
>>> TBD Needs assignment Spearhead the creation of a "Budget and
>>> Funding" guideline. Pete will follow up with Trent to find out what
>>> this AI was about.
>>> Trent Open Explore with Staff how Confluence can be used to offer
>>> some sort of cross-group reporting that is useful and minimal impact
>>> on all involved.
>>> Trent Open Shepherd the exploration of a "Sponsored Travel
>>> Fellowship Program" and circulate an updated draft describing the
>>> program to the LC list.
>>> Trent Pending Ask the BoT to allocate on the order of $10,000 to
>>> be spent by the LC in 2011 on Member (i.e. not Participant) travel
>>> to help defray the costs incurred (up to a percentage) of giving
>>> talks at events with attendance above a minimum threshold (e.g. >
>>> 150 attendees).
>>> Eve Open Lead an effort to set up a reasonable test of a
>>> virtualized meeting for an active group.
>>> 2010-10-1 TBD Needs assignment Propose a solution for liaison
>>> groups that allow confidentiality of shared material. See email
>>> <https://groups.google.com/group/kantara-leadership-council/browse_frm/thread/47f9b98e82a49137?hl=en#> for
>>> context. Note that the wording of this AI was changed. Vadim will
>>> ask the BoT if they're working on a solution for this.
>>> 2010-11-2 Eve Open Propose changes to OP wording on "Reports".
>>> See email thread
>>> <https://groups.google.com/group/kantara-leadership-council/browse_frm/thread/0a2ee7709620a945?hl=en#> for
>>> Eve Maler http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
>>> +1 425 345 6756 http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl
>>> LC mailing list
>>> LC at kantarainitiative.org <mailto:LC at kantarainitiative.org>
> Eve Maler http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
> +1 425 345 6756 http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl
> LC mailing list
> LC at kantarainitiative.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LC