[KI-LC] Quick reminder of outstanding action items
eve at xmlgrrl.com
Mon Dec 20 12:49:13 EST 2010
Thanks for the report!
Regarding AI 2010-10-19-5, which I "accidentally took" in the last call :-), I could actually use some guidance as to what was envisioned regarding "virtualized meetings". In the InfoSharing group, we use GoToMeeting to pretty good effect; I believe Joe Andrieu sponsors it for the group. In the UMA group, we've been using openetherpad.com to great effect, but it's dicey to count on this site, as we learned this week when they forgot to renew their domain name -- the site is still down after a few days! Perhaps setting up our own etherpad server might be productive?...and then we could properly (through logins) restrict participation in those forums to people who have signed the IPR agreement, vs. doing it "by eye".
On 20 Dec 2010, at 1:33 AM, Anna Ticktin wrote:
> Hello Eve—
> I can report that staff is currently working closely with our tech specialist on ways to improve communication and functionality of the wiki/confluence for the purposes of cross-group reporting (action item 2010-10-19-02). So Trent's action is being "progressed." I will update you further in the new year.
> —> Anna Ticktin
> Technical Program Coordinator
> anna at kantarainitiative.org
> anna at ieee-isto.org
> On Dec 19, 2010, at 5:46 PM, Eve Maler wrote:
>> A few folks took "meta-AIs" in the last meeting, to check out the status of longstanding AIs. If there is news, sharing it on this mailing list may free up time on the call for other things... AIs are summarized here:
>> Yr. humble sec'y
>> Action Item Assigned To Status Description Comments
>> 2010-10-13-1 Trent Open Send Suzuki an update on marketing activities to date and forward-looking notes.
>> 2010-10-19-1 TBD Needs assignment Spearhead the creation of a "Budget and Funding" guideline. Pete will follow up with Trent to find out what this AI was about.
>> 2010-10-19-2 Trent Open Explore with Staff how Confluence can be used to offer some sort of cross-group reporting that is useful and minimal impact on all involved.
>> 2010-10-19-3 Trent Open Shepherd the exploration of a "Sponsored Travel Fellowship Program" and circulate an updated draft describing the program to the LC list.
>> 2010-10-19-4 Trent Pending Ask the BoT to allocate on the order of $10,000 to be spent by the LC in 2011 on Member (i.e. not Participant) travel to help defray the costs incurred (up to a percentage) of giving talks at events with attendance above a minimum threshold (e.g. > 150 attendees).
>> 2010-10-19-5 Eve Open Lead an effort to set up a reasonable test of a virtualized meeting for an active group.
>> 2010-10-1 TBD Needs assignment Propose a solution for liaison groups that allow confidentiality of shared material. See email thread for context. Note that the wording of this AI was changed. Vadim will ask the BoT if they're working on a solution for this.
>> 2010-11-2 Eve Open Propose changes to OP wording on "Reports". See email thread for context.
>> Eve Maler http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
>> +1 425 345 6756 http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl
>> LC mailing list
>> LC at kantarainitiative.org
Eve Maler http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
+1 425 345 6756 http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LC