These minutes were approved on 12 Jan 2011.
1. Administrative: 6/11 Quorum
- Motion of Minutes Approval for minutes as captured 15 December 2010
- Moved: Bill Braithewaite
- Seconded: Richard Trevorah
- No discussion. Motion carries
Action Item Review:
2. Budget Update - John Bradley
Update on IAWG Budget Request:
- Assurrance program has not brought the money expected.
- Kantara budget is running at a deficit. Board is raising fees and putting together fund raising events to move budget into the black.
- BoT approved 35k budgets (Program funding vs. WG budgets)
- 5k for trust framework agreements and 10k further in matching funds for creating profiles. (Need to see "skin in the game" from outside organizations in the community...)
- WG money has not been specifically earmarked in the ledger---decisions now lie with the LC.
- Milestone: get a customer certified; ideally 3-4 IDPs certified and 3-4 assessors...
- The work group agrees the roadmap must align with traction in the marketplace...
3. AOB — "Customer Traction"
- Patrick — discussed the need definition for credentialed service providers in the UK...
- Frank — discussed the need to make an impact at the customer level and keep a refined scope to avoid having minimal impact due to having too broad a scope.
- Neil--- Work in the UK Internal Cabinet is under-resourced. Until that changes, the UK won't be leading a coordinated approach to the EU commission on this front as it's largely disconnected from other agencies.
- Frank---If all the UK entities have an interest, Frank proposes that Kantara reaches out to one of those, ask them to commit funds and IAWG will develop a profile. Prioritize making that entity a customer.
Pipeline of customers to approach in 2011:
- Which community should we target and what are the ripple effects of our engagement: law enforcement? health? defense space?
- Frank: We lack sales collateral. What is Kantara's Strategic Value? Immediate value? Why invest in Kantara Initiative?
- Collateral: flow chart, overview, IAF Map....
- Value proposition of the Kantara TrustMark---outside complaint doesn't lie with Kantara, but with the priciness of the assessor at this moment.
- Value is in interoperating with federations, not so much with the "brand" of Kantara... How do we sell the brand?
Frank's call to action: prioritize work stream for sales collateral
- explanation of how IAF fits into the larger trust frameworks,
- power point presentation summary of the value proposition of the Kantara program for Trust Frameworks
- illustrate the actors and how they interact
- sponsor a participant or customer..
ACTION ITEM 20110105-01 FRANK ---*18th Jan 2011 Collateral Materials
- Kantara / IAWG emails Patrick with  Kantara Value Proposition and  approach
- 3rd pc would be Kantara's requests of BBFA? Or suggestion of how to work with Kantara to achieve "x"... by this partnership...
ACTION ITEM 20110105-02---Anna: to reach out to Richard Wilsher or Joni for the latest version of the IAF map