Child pages
  • DRAFT 2017-02-02 Meeting Notes (CR)

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Info
titleVoting participants

Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 4 of 7 as of 2016-10-06

Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, MarkLizarMark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes

...

TimeItemWhoNotes
10 mins
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Meeting minutes approval
Andrew Hughes

 

  • "Move to approve listed meeting notes previously circulated"
    • Motion:
    • Second:
    • Discussion:
    • Result:
1 min
  • Organization updates
All

Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:

5 minDavid Turner
  • Public review and IPR claims period has started 2017-01-06, ends 2017-02-20
    • 1 set of comments received to date
  • The plan for comment disposition is that David as editor will review all incoming comments and prepare a disposition
  • Once the comment period is closed, David will bring the proposed disposition as a whole to the WG for review and decision
 Plan for CR updates backlog All
  • Collect the list of items on the wiki
  • When ready for processing, transfer into github
  • ACTION: Mark to create an issues list page 
    • The Parking Lot page is a stale list of the issues list
5 minUpdate on recent Real Consent eventMark Lizar
  •  The event went very well
  • One company launching consent receipts to 4 million users
  • Yoti, Meeco, Consentua presented their solutions
  • Consent Gateway was presented
  • Mark has updated the Consent Receipt presentation & added GDPR material
  • Feedback: The format itself is valuable
  • Is it time to form a group to develop a set of expected practices?
    
30 minDiscussion on what's next on the roadmapAll

 

New discussion 2016-01-12:

  • Note that Virtual has collected ideas from CIS individuals on how to market CR
  • Note EU Article 29 data portability - from Iain email
  • from the GDPR -The GDPR is a consent based legal framework which specifies "a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format” pg 15(68) GDPR
  • Discussion about organization structures that would support the work and participation best
  • Note that there is a good case to re-launch the Public Policy & Privacy & Legal WG - the pace of regulation changes is high right now
  • Governance is missing from the mind map
    • Make sure this is in the charter of the top WG
    • The terms of reference must make roles and responsibilities clear for e.g. Project Managers
    • Make the case that projects can attract a different type of participant - the builders rather than the talkers
  • By creating project teams we can assemble the required expertise regardless of which WG they come from
  • Data Portability -> rename the Portable Data Exchange branch
    • discussion
      • PPP WG would have Data Portability in its remit
      • The Data Exchange for portability (protocols/specifications) would be in this sub-group
      • Portable data exchange - is mostly between data controllers rather than from the individual

 

Discussion from 2016-01-05:

 

    • Digi.me has made adjustments to their approach - consent based versus permission led access model (to be discussed on a future call)
    • The group discussed the draft mindmap of potential future org structures for this WG and also reviewed the current work list for 2017
    • The WG leadership team will review and refine before sharing with the broader list

 

  • (From December 1,2016meeting)
  • The list of subject areas that will be worked on:
    • Consent Receipt
      • There will be CR spec errata that will need to be fixed
      • A v1.1 will be required within 6 months after feedback from implementers
    • User Submitted Terms
      • Use case library and elaboration of use cases
      • UX design
      • Model contract language to support each feature of the UST elements
    • Requirements for API / Interfaces for CR and UST artifacts
    • Requirements (text) for implementers of Consent receipt generators (code)
    • Requirements (text) for Consent receipt 'viewer' (code)
    • Information Sharing Agreements
      • Architecture and model (text and diagrams)
      • Requirements (text)
        • Business requirements
          • Functional requirements
          • Non-functional requirements
      • Specifications (text)
    • Build a Kantara prototype implementation of a consent receipt management system

 

5 minDiscussion about changing the CIS WGstructure after CR v1.0Andrew Hughes 
 Accounting for the WG Assets  
 Plan for CR updates backlog  
 New project ideas