Information Sharing GROUP Teleconference
|Table of Contents|
Date and Time
- Date: Tuesday, 24 May 2011
- Time: 9am HST | noon PST | 3pm EST | 8pm UK
- Please join my meeting via GoToMeeting
- Join the conference call:
- Skype: +9900827042954214
- US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
- UK Dial-In: +44 (0) 8454018081
- Room Code: 2954214
- GoToMeeting ID: 844-771-298
- Joe Andrieu
- Judi Clark
- Iain Henderson
- Kaliya Hamlin
- Mark Lizar
- Mary Hodder
- Approval of Prior Minutes & Other Motions
- Prior Action Item Review
- New Business
- Standard Information Sharing Agreement
- Action Item Review
We noted that 5 people on the call were voting members and that the group did not meet quorum on this call.
- Motion to approve minutes from April 19, also notes from April 26, and May 17 unanimously approved.
3. Prior Action Item Review
- Joe - follow up with Doc re: CRM + VRM conference - to do
- Iain - Colin Wallis conversation - to do
4. New Business
- PII conf - interesting speakers, Esther Dyson called major providers (Google, Yahoo, etc) out re: privacy policies, disconnect.me (icons at disconnect.me/db), Privacy Choice. Others trying to do wholesale analysis of privacy policies, find commonalities. We need to address what others are doing (modalities). ISOC also has a privacy audit tool (isoc.org's Firefox plugin). PDEC, personal.com, Shane Green, Drummond, Tara Hunt talked about rating/ranking about personal data ecosystem; 1) mydex's trust index is apropos, and 2) PDEC could form standards/auditor OIX/Kantara model) ranking framework. Aleecia McDonald's work show people would pay a premium for services whose privacy ratings were higher. There's real marketplace value. Kaliya: inclined to leverage OIX infrastructure; it's a conversation. Mark's also doing work on frameworks, Phil Wolfe too. Mark: there's a level people need to see right away, e.g., who controls the data, like R-Button. Legal compliance & privacy structure, levels of assurance; it's complicated. Iain: trust index was thought through, boiled down to 12 minimum for assessment. Mark: put these together? Joe to Kaliya: IAPP (membership org): 1/2 revenue from events, esp education. Large sponsorship dollars not part of IAPP except for specific research projects.
- Kaliya: sing.ly joined personal data ecosystem, in conversation with reputation.com.
- Iain talked with Drummond/Scott: more detail to be worked out.
5. Information Sharing Agreements
Last week: at IIW, we outlined first four patterns (see last week's notes), relationship maintenance/transparency was new (missing) pattern but doesn't map to our prior framework, not purpose-bound. Gray area: what, how (channel), when (frequency, duration). "What" is more complicated, e.g., recommendations, special offers and/or events, new products, blacklists & whitelists (was looking for a car, now I've bought one; moves new car recs to blacklist). Why are they reaching out and what they know: keywords, purchase history or behavioral data (portable context opportunities). Existing and imagined services?
Purpose: For What
6. Action Items Review
- Joe - follow up with Doc re: CRM + VRM conference
- Joe & Judi - follow microformats technique and document what's in the wild: how people are sharing info now
- Judi - transfer notes and spreadsheet from 1 May 2011 F2F meeting onto wiki for future reference (done)
- Iain - Colin Wallis conversation
- Iain - drill down into marketplace of CRM to make sure our agreement covers this
Next Regular Meeting
TUESDAY 31 May 2011 - 90 minutes
9am Hawaii, noon Pacific Daylight, 3pm EDT, 8pm UK Daylight
US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
UK Dial-In: +44 (0) 8454018081
Room Code: 2954214
NOTE: Do not follow the code with a "#" symbol as it may cause the code not to be recognized.