(1) WG NAME: WG Name (and any acronym or abbreviation of the name) - The WG name, acronym and abbreviation shall not include (1) trademarks not owned by the Organization, or (2) content that is infringing, harmful, or inappropriate;
Telecommunications Identity Work Group - Telco ID WG
(2) PURPOSE: Clear statement of purpose and justification why the proposed WG is necessary;
The ultimate goal of the Work Group is to help reconciling fragmented efforts in the telco specifications development area and in the telco market place regarding identity management. The identity of humans, legal entities and objects in general is addressed.
In order to achieve that, it will act as a forum to facilitate the dialog between Kantara Initiative and the telco industry sector. Additionally, it will produce telco specific technical material to support developing Kantara Initiative specifications as necessary to ensure proper implementation of suitable to a telco infrastructure.
(3) SCOPE: Scope - The Scope must be related to the purpose of the Organization and must include a definition of the work that is envisioned;
The Work Group is chartered to:
(4) DRAFT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION: Working Titles of draft Technical Specifications to be produced(if any) and projected completion dates and the SSO(s) to which these Specifications will be submitted upon approval by the Membership;
No technical specifications are intended to be produced by this WG.
Rather, the intent of this group is to profile and develop implementation guidelines on other Kantara Initiative WGÂ´s technical specifications that, in turn, will be provided as input to Telco Standards Setting Organizations (SSOs) as well (see 'DRAFT RECOMMENDATIONS' in item 5). The specific SSOs where the Telco WG intents to provide input to are: 3GPP, OMA and GSMA
(5) OTHER DRAFT RECOMMENDATIONS: Other Draft Recommendations and projected completion dates (i.e., deliverables that are not Technical Specifications that will be submitted for All Member Ballot);
Draft: IMS whitepaper - Marketing recommendation and implementation guideline.
Drafts: Telco implementation guidelines on Kantara Initiative WG-x deliverable-y (e.g., IDP selector)
(6) LEADERSHIP: Proposed WG Chair and Editor(s) (if any) subject to confirmation by a vote of the WG Participants;
(7) AUDIENCE: Anticipated audience or users of the work;
Telco standardization organizations, telco actors technical and business people
(8) DURATION: Criteria for determining when the work of the WG has been completed (or a statement that the WG is intended to be a standing WG to address work that is expected to be ongoing);
The Telecommunications Identity Work Group has the purpose of reviewing any and all Kantara Initiative works for relevant feedback from a Telecommunications perspective. As such the group intends to exist in the stated capacity for the life of the Kantara Initiative to provide such feedback on an on-going basis.
(9) IPR POLICY: The Intellectual Property Rights Policy under which the WG will operate;
Kantara Initiative IPR Policy - Liberty Option
(10) RELATED WORK AND LIAISONS: Related work being done in other WGs or organizations and any proposed liaison with other WGs or organizations;
(11) CONTRIBUTIONS (optional): Optionally, a list of contributions that the proposers anticipate will be made to the WG.
Potential for contribution of the proposed IMS whitepaper as mentioned in item 5 above in the case that the white paper is published by Liberty Alliance prior to the formation of the WG
(12) PROPOSERS: Names, email addresses, and any constituent affiliations of at least the minimum set of proposers required to support forming the WG
Is this site useful to you? Please share it!
| | More
Pages in this Space: