The Identity Assurance Work Group (IAWG) has been formed within the Kantara Initiative to foster the adoption of trusted on-line identity services. To advance this goal, the IAWG will provide a forum for identifying and resolving obstacles to market and commercial acceptance that have limited broad deployment and adoption of trusted identity services thus far.
IA WG Status Report — Restructuring of the SAC
- As Kantara Initiative has come out of pilot mode in its Accreditation and Service Approval program, the IAWG is head-long into disposing feedback collected from the IAF's initial operational cycles.
- One of the biggest changes to the document set is the restructuring of the SAC to allow a component-based approach in accreditation.
- With FICAM's early, informal support and community interests suggesting the merits of this restructuring, the IAWG has prioritized this work-stream in advance of all-inclusive document set edits. A wg vote on this first phase of editorial implementations is due to launch mid-April.
- The balance of IAF document set edits are being progressed concurrently, which should allow for a fully revised IAF approved by the IAWG. We would anticipate this action to be closed by the end of Q2. As a matter of process, these draft recommendations will proceed through a 45-day Kantara member review, re-enter the IAWG for a comment disposition phase and subsequently be ushered through the LC for ratification. Finally, Kantara will look to have the IAF v."n#" reviewed and approved by FICAM. The time line for this lengthy process to be complete is targeted for Q3 2012.
- Review the ICAM-approved IAF document set
- Review the IAF 2.0 Recommendation
- Visual of the relationships of the IAF document set with Kantara work groups and operational flows