FIWG work streams today:
Kantara, through its Federation Interoperability Work Group, is collaborating with REFEDS to provide an open and transparent development and evolutionary home for the SAML2INT Web SSO Interoperability Deployment Profile (PROFILE). The basic division of responsibilities is that:
- Terena will support the activities through communications to raise awareness and recruit resources within European Research and Education networks.
- Kantara will provide a Standards Fostering environment for the development and evolution of the PROFILE, development and hosting of tools, as well as a certification program to add value to the PROFILE.
Currently, the FIWG is stepping through the following work streams:
- FIWG has accepted the current version of SAML2INT as submitted by at least 3 or more of the original contributors.
- FIWG has performed a feature freeze of SAML2INT and is now working to re-publish it under Kantara Operating Procedures with provision of attribution for all original stakeholders.
- FIWG will eventually perform analysis of extended features to evolve and brand SAML2INT as a Federation Deployment Profile.
- FIWG will publish the new SAML2INT (name to be determined) as a Federation Deployment Profile.
- The Kantara Interoperability Review Board will coordinate with REFEDS for further partnership and development of educational tools and certification program to be operated by Kantara.