Leadership Council Homepage
The roles and responsibilities of the Leadership Council (as defined in the Kantara Initiative Bylaws) include:
- Approve of Work Group Charters;
- Oversee of operations and expenditures of all Groups;
- Disband Groups;
- Approve of Work Group output for All Member Ballot;
- Prepare of annual and supplemental LC budget requests to the BoD;
- Elect up to two representatives to Board of Directors;
- Develop & maintain of the Operating Procedures, subject to BoD approval.
- Oversee liaison activities of the WGs and DGs.
- Chair: Andrew Hughes, Independent Consultant
- Vice-Chair: Mark Lizar, Smart Species
- Secretary: Sal D'Agostino, IDmachines
- Skype: +99051000000481
- More teleconference information here
- International Dial-in Numbers here
- 2016 SUMMER MEETING SCHEDULE
- June 29
- July 27
- August 24
- Calendar:View | Subscribe via .ICS
- Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | 20:00 UTC (time chart)
- Teleconference Chair Codes (chairs must log in)
Create a new entry by clicking 'Create' at the top of this page; Choose 'Blog Post' to get an editing screen; the New Blog Post name should use a pattern like "Foo WG Update"; Put the update text in the body using simple formatting; click 'Save' to post it.
- The WG is working through the "MPD" (multi-party delegation) change proposals. We have made it through the configuration data ("discovery document") and resource set registration proposals, and have begun the discussion of the "phases 2/3" (client access attempt) portions.
- The legal subgroup is now working on some new document deliverables, including a use cases document and a primer.
- The Cloud Identity Summit in New Orleans saw some UMA-related talks and demos, including an UMA talk by Eve, a HEART talk by Eve and Debbie (touching on the UMA profiling topic), and an UMA MasterClass by Maciej with demos from Eve and Mike.
- Regular meetings to resume next week
Earlier in the year, IEEE P2413 IoT architecture working group asked for contributions for identity management aspects. IDoT agreed on writing this architecture part. In April a privacy architecture viewpoint in a first draft was submitted.
- Undertaking an eBallot to approve version 4.6 of the Service Assessment Criteria (IAF1400)
- Established off week calls to discuss the proposed new SP 800-63
- Discussing the creation of audit criteria to assess privacy
- Jenn Behrens, Vice-President for Privacy Kimble and Associates, talked about the status of Privacy and her approach.
- Beginning review of a new version of the Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance Framework Service Assessment Requirements (IAF1400)
- Continuing to discuss Audit Criteria for assessing Privacy
- Elections completed. Rainer Hoerbe remains Chair. Keith Uber moves to Vice Chair, no nominations for Secretary so it remains vacant.
- Interesting calls/discussions with a WEF project team investigating digital identity approaches around the world that support a digital economy.
- eGov interest in contributing parts of the eGov SAML 2 profile to InCommon's SAML2 Int profile to form one single conformance profile that can be deployed different ways depending on the options chosen.