Leadership Council Homepage
The roles and responsibilities of the Leadership Council (as defined in the Kantara Initiative Bylaws) include:
- Approve of Work Group Charters;
- Oversee of operations and expenditures of all Groups;
- Disband Groups;
- Approve of Work Group output for All Member Ballot;
- Prepare of annual and supplemental LC budget requests to the BoD;
- Elect up to two representatives to Board of Directors;
- Develop & maintain of the Operating Procedures, subject to BoD approval.
- Oversee liaison activities of the WGs and DGs.
- Chair: Andrew Hughes, Independent Consultant
- Vice-Chair: Mark Lizar, Smart Species
- Secretary: Sal D'Agostino, IDmachines
https://panel.turbobridge.com/webcall/ (use your computer to connect directly to the call)
Alternate Toll: +1 (714) 551-9842
North America Toll: +1 (805) 309-2350
- Skype: +99051000000481
- More teleconference information here
- International Dial-in Numbers here
Upcoming Meeting Schedule
NEW: Calls are now held the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Upcoming meetings:
- October 19
- November 16
- December 21
Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | 20:00 UTC (time chart)
- Teleconference Chair Codes (chairs must log in)
Create a new entry by clicking 'Create' at the top of this page; Choose 'Blog Post' to get an editing screen; the New Blog Post name should use a pattern like "Foo WG Update"; Put the update text in the body using simple formatting; click 'Save' to post it.
- The WG has reached rev 05 on its UMA V2.0 spec, and has effectively (if not formally) closed many of the key issues on its 2016 roadmap. We'll take formal stock of outstanding issues at the end of October.
- The legal subgroup has reached a key stage of clarity in use case collecting, and mapping to the regulatory concepts of "data subject, data processor, and data controller", and is now considering some ways to accelerate this work so as to be able to produce some V1 deliverables by the end of the year. Eve is working with Colin on this.
Latest working spec is at OTTO WG GitHub
Gluu has also developed a test data generator, and tested the server with 9000 entities.
The test server implementation has exceeded our expectations: we are able to publish, sign, and search federation metadata. It shows the design for using JSPath as the query syntax is working. Gluu used MongoDB as the database backend, but other databases could be used too.
The current challenge is to finish defining the schema for entities: organization, federation, entity. We also need to formalize the writing of the spec. Inital deployments of OTTO are planned by Edugate, the higher education federation in Ireland. Also, OTTO is planned to be used as part of the ERASMUS project, which was approved by the DHS as part of the CCICADA pilot programs.
- IRM WG Editor Ian Glazer has delivered an updated draft of "Refining the Design Principles of Identity Relationship Management" and the WG is now reviewing this draft. This document will update "The Design Principles of Relationship Management V1.0 Report" and incorporates the "IRM in the Wild" work.
- Next steps for the group are under consideration, these include focusing on the requirements for a relationship manager, developing other tools to help identify or measure IRM or putting the group on pause.
- The group is iterating with the technical writer on version 0.9.x of the Consent Receipt specification
- Andrew Hughes acting as 'administrative chair' to allow full participating content bashing
- Targeting November/December time frame to have a candidate specification for WG, then LC votes.
User Submitted Terms
- Both Intent Casting and No Stalking terms are at human readable version 0.2
- Likely bashing of content at IIW next week.
- starting analysis and feedback for the IDEF Registry analysis
- early discussion about potential impacts of 800-63-3 update
- concluded comment discussions for NISTIR 8112 "Attribute Metadata"
- early discussion on Kantara commentary for NISTIR 8149 "DRAFT Developing Trust Frameworks to Support Identity Federations"
- closes November 1 2016
- RFP award for SAC updates soon