The purpose of this Website is to provide users with information regarding Kantara Initiative, its objectives and activities, its members, and its deliverables. It also attempts to provide recent and part news about Kantara Initiative and access to materials developed by Kantara Initiative. The Website also provides a mechanism for organizations to join Kantara Initiative.
What information we collect:
Kantara Initiative may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable information at certain points throughout the site. Depending on the information and/or services you request, we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, company name, title, address, phone and fax number, and similar information. In general, you can visit Kantara Initiative's web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
In addition to the information you knowingly provide us, we keep track of the domains and IP numbers from which people visit us. We also collect site usage statistics such as web browser types and page requests and track users' movements. This data is not personally identifiable and is used to more efficiently operate our business, prepare for network load demands, promote the services and administer the site. To the extent this information is associated with a particular user, that information will be considered personally identifiable information and will be protected accordingly.
How we collect information:
We will obtain your consent before linking your personal information with information about you obtained from other sources.
How we use your information:
We may use your information:
- To respond to your requests or provide you further information about Kantara Initiative, including membership opportunities, new developments, and communications from Kantara Initiative members.
- To provide you with personalized content.
- For members of Kantara Initiative to: list member company names in a public Website directory.
- Create contact lists in a members only area to permit working group members to contact each other
- Permit anyone affiliated with a member to have their contact information made available in a members only area
- To give our Website developers information that may be useful for developing new features and products for customers.
- To improve the content and navigability of the Website.
- To alert you to new site features, products, events and special offers.
- If required to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kantara Initiative, our members, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With whom we share your personal information:
Kantara Initiative will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any company not a member of Kantara Initiative unless it is: (i) at your request, (ii) to outsource one or more of the functions described in the previous section, or (iii) with the proper authorities in response to a legal order or official request.
Consent for cross-border transfer of information:
The Website is not directed to children. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
Linking to other sites:
The Website may contain links to third-party web sites. Kantara Initiative is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. You are encouraged the review the privacy policies of the web sites you visit.
How you can decide what communications you will receive:
You may opt-out from Kantara Initiative Public Mail Lists if you do not wish to receive further communications from Kantara Initiative. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make as promptly as possible.
How you can view or update your personal information:
To ensure that you have as much control over your personally identifiable information as possible, we allow you to view, update, revise or delete the information you provide by updating your Profile via the top right menu next to the 'search' OR by contacting us for assistance . We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make, or your request for deletion, as promptly as possible.
How we protect information:
Kantara Initiative attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. We have a strict internal security policy that limits access to production systems and personal information only to authorized personnel. Our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security.
How to Contact Us: